This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daviddrummond79 View Post

I disagree with the claim that they are engineered poorly; every rod I have ever bought came in a tube of some sort. The rod vault is just a bigger tube. Take care while inserting and removing your rods from rod vaults and itís not an issue. Same as walking near ceiling fans, fences and bushes. Itís a risk everyone takes while wielding a long fly rod. You have to be cognizant of your surroundings to avoid carelessly damaging fragile things.
    Ok so if they are not engineered poorly why do rods tend to come in short, 3-4 piece sections vs one piece? Because manufacturers understand these are the minimum lengths the rods can be engineered to break down to without compromising performance. While it is a risk people take doing those things, the point is mitigating possible issues such as tips breaking through good design & engineering which has failed to happen on this rod storage box design.
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Comment

Originally posted by JHexom View Post

For each his/her own. Sounds like you havenít actually owned and used one yourself and you are basing your opinion off of hearsay from others. Iíll gladly take my chances putting my rod into a tube any day. Just be careful with your gear and you have nothing to worry about.
      No I havenít owned one, but as I said, watched a guy pull into Rivers Edge West and attempt to get his rod out and as he pulled it out the rod tip was snapped off. I thought to myself, especially given my industry, thatís a poor design and does not mitigate the possibility of keeping your rod tip safe unlike travel cases.
      #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
      -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
      -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
      -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post

No I havenít owned one, but as I said, watched a guy pull into Rivers Edge West and attempt to get his rod out and as he pulled it out the rod tip was snapped off. I thought to myself, especially given my industry, thatís a poor design and does not mitigate the possibility of keeping your rod tip safe unlike travel cases.
        Iíve snapped a rod tip catching a 10Ē stocker rainbow before, those kinds of things just happen. The guy got unlucky and broke a rod tip, it happens to those with and without the ďpoorly designedĒ rodvaults. Iíve kept three rods in mine for almost two years and never once had an issue. I get that you have a bad taste in your mouth for their product, but until you try one for yourself then I guess your opinion is just that, an opinion.

Comment

And with that, we're done here
          BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
          Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Please read and comply with the "Swap Shop Rules" found in a "Sticky" at the top of the Forum----especially this paragraph as it relates to criticizing an item posted for sale :

"The content of a classified posting and the asking price for an item is completely up to the seller. Do not criticize a seller's asking price or the item posted for sale - it's their 'for sale' thread not yours. If you think the asking price is out of line or do not like the item being sold, then simply stay out of it ".

Comment

Working...
            X