Col Bruce Hampton 70th Celebration tickets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Col Bruce Hampton 70th Celebration tickets

I have 4 tickets with parking pass for Col Bruce Hampton 70th celebration for sale face value. I have the tickets and can meet up located in Marietta.

Monday May1st Foxtheater
    Sec ORCH left Row S

total $290.00 Don't want to split them up unless they are in pairs of 2

http://foxtheatre.org/events/hampton...bruce-hampton/

Originally posted by blackcatbone View Post
    I have 4 tickets with parking pass for Col Bruce Hampton 70th celebration for sale face value. I have the tickets and can meet up located in Marietta.

Monday May1st Foxtheater
    Sec ORCH left Row S

total $290.00 Don't want to split them up unless they are in pairs of 2

http://foxtheatre.org/events/hampton...bruce-hampton/
    Col Bruce Wow!!

I've seen him I don't know how many times. Met him a few times too. He played for about 20 of us once at a little place outside of Murfreesboro.

Is this with ARU too?

Oteil is a super nice guy.
    “There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.” - Aldo Leopold

Concede parum, nega frequenter, distingue semper - St. Thomas Aquinas

'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Jeremiah 6:16

"Wonder is the desire for knowledge" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Here's an inside tip, he's playing his own after party @ Terminal West with a bunch of the guys from the Fox show. Not everyone but half or more have already confirmed from what I understand.
      Last edited by Dtroutmann; 04-29-17, 08:31 PM.
      "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
      ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Originally posted by Dtroutmann View Post
        Here's an inside tip, he's playing his own after party @ Terminal West with a bunch of the guys from the Fox show. Not everyone but half or more hours already confirmed.
        That's pretty funny. How much is that ticket?

Comment

$10

http://terminalwestatl.com/event/off...mbi-all-stars/
          "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
          ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

crazy.....

Well, if any of you ended up going, you got more than you bargained for sadly. What a way to go for a legend though....

https://www.jambase.com/article/jam-...e-hampton-died
            There are no shortcuts to any place worth going--Beverly Sills

Comment

Dropping dead in the middle of a show at the Fox is an epic way for any rocker to go! RIP dude!
              Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
              Simple Goat Herder
              Former NGTO President
              Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I've known Bruce for 20yrs, and was there recording the show for them. He will be missed by but especially by us who were part of his family.
                Here is a link for anyone that would like to hear last night's show. It was a celebration of his life and yes he died like he lived onstage with people that loved him.
                This is the whole show from Last night.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeaETVBtMk
                ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Col. Bruce will be missed

Dtroutmann, without trying to appear as too morbid - and the fact that you were there - I wonder why the collective continued to keep playing? Did everyone have the feeling Col. Bruce was acting?

I had to the opportunity to see him play in Columbus, GA many years ago at a small bar downtown; what a great performer and so unassuming.

Comment

Honestly pretty sure Bruce wouldn't want it cut.
                    Definitely a ruff day. His band was the 1st one that I went on tour with as a Sound Engineer. He played my sisters wedding 13yrs ago to the day. She was there celebrating here anniversary. The rest of the guys playing and his wife are devastated. He will be mourned and sorely missed.
                    ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Yeah everyone thought it was part of his shtick, and then just got distracted by the jamming, so nobody realised that almost 4 min had gone by and that something was wrong. When we realised it he was brought off stage and attended to by some very good paramedics, they did everything right his heart was beating and he was breathing when he was taken away in the ambulance. He died shortly after getting to the hospital. Can't explain how helpless everyone felt standing next to him saying prayers for him to be alright
                      ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Holy Cow!!!
                        “There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.” - Aldo Leopold

Concede parum, nega frequenter, distingue semper - St. Thomas Aquinas

'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Jeremiah 6:16

"Wonder is the desire for knowledge" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

We first met at the 14th Gate in downtown ATL Used to drive at the courier co. I worked for.Followed his music for decades.
                          Catch the energy
                          Release the potential

Comment

Video doesn't respond
                            ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Originally posted by Dtroutmann View Post
                              I've known Bruce for 20yrs, and was there recording the show for them. He will be missed by but especially by us who were part of his family.
                              Here is a link for anyone that would like to hear last night's show. It was a celebration of his life and yes he died like he lived onstage with people that loved him.
                              This is the whole show from Last night.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqeaETVBtMk
                              Just now seeing this post. The Col. was a living legend- no doubt he would've wanted to go out that way. Almost like he planned it. Grew up in Atl. ( as a teenager ) in the mid 90's and saw Bruce more times than I can remember. One that sticks out is Music Midtown ( 95 ), before it was at P. Park. Bruce played right after Leftover and there were maybe 20 people watching ( maybe 100 @ LOS ), one of them being a dude dressed in full Ronald McDonald outfit, down to the detail. Whole experience blew my 16 yr old mind. His Brandy House residency during Summer/ Fall ( ? ) of 98 was classic- throw down every night w/ the likes of Jimmy H., D. Trucks, JoJo and countless others that are skipping my mind.

Godspeed to the Col. Long live Zambi. Space is the place
                              Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... R. Hunter

Comment

Working...
                              X