Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10' 4wt rod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 10' 4wt rod

    I am in search of a good deal on a nice 10ft 4wt rod for Czech nymphing. Prefer a Syndicate but also want to see what else is out there.

    Message me or respond if you have one for sell. Thanks!

  • #2
    I've got an Anglers Roost 11' 3/4 graphite rod I'd part with for under $100, let me know. it comes with tube and rod sock
    I use dry flies...why just for the chance of the perfect cast, perfect drift, just to see it disappear...and then FISH ON!!!!

    2010 Fall Fling Hero Shot Winner - 73'
    2011 Spring Fling Hero Shot Winner - 84' (91' Practice)

    Southern Fly Fishing
    http://southernflyfishing1530.wordpress.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CatesH2020 View Post
      I am in search of a good deal on a nice 10ft 4wt rod for Czech nymphing. Prefer a Syndicate but also want to see what else is out there.

      Message me or respond if you have one for sell. Thanks!
      I've got a 10' 4wt fenwick aetos for sale. Looking for 135$ I have fished it like 3 times and it is in like new condition, with the warranty card. For more info, it is in the for sale section down a few threads.
      Jackson Dockery
      sigpic
      My Instagram
      Unicoi Outfitters

      Comment


      • #4
        The Aetos is a great rod for under $200. Cabela's CZN although pretty heavy is another good choice. The Moonshine Epiphany is $225 and is a fantastic rod. Personally with the current state of rod technology I would go with a 10' 3wt. You will be surprised how big of a fish you can land with one. I've landed 20"ers on a Syndicate 10'2wt and 27"+ on a Recon 10'3wt.
        There's alot of choices I'm sure you'll be able to find something you'll like
        "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
        ~John Gierach~

        Trophies are relative

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dtroutmann View Post
          The Aetos is a great rod for under $200. Cabela's CZN although pretty heavy is another good choice. The Moonshine Epiphany is $225 and is a fantastic rod. Personally with the current state of rod technology I would go with a 10' 3wt. You will be surprised how big of a fish you can land with one. I've landed 20"ers on a Syndicate 10'2wt and 27"+ on a Recon 10'3wt.
          There's alot of choices I'm sure you'll be able to find something you'll like
          I was trying to avoid buying try another reel. Not trying to have 9 different rigs lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Big T has several great choices on his website!

            http://bigtflyfishing.com/collections/all/fly-rods
            Lake Lanier & Brevard NC

            Comment


            • #7
              extra reel

              I think you could buy a 10 foot 3 weight, and not worry about getting a new reel (at least for a while). My fly line never touches the water when I high stick with my 10 footer. In fact, I feel pretty silly having a nice reel and $80 fly line on my 10 footer - it just doesn't come into play in most cases. If you have a 4 weight reel with 4 weight line, you'll probably be fine with a 3 weight rod, even if you decide to fish traditionally.
              http://southernhighlandsflyrod.blogspot.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Iíd highly recommend stopping by one of our sponsors shops and trying a few different ones out. Online reviews and opinions you find online canít compare to actually holding a particular rod and feeling the action in your hand.

                One rod that is great for me, you may end up hating. I found that out the hard way years ago buying my first 8 wt.

                Go see Unicoi, Alpharetta Outfitters or the Fish Hawk April any other of our sponsors shops. Nothing beats talking to the guys that get to use and demo these rods every day.
                I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

                Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!


                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AK Pipeline View Post
                  I think you could buy a 10 foot 3 weight, and not worry about getting a new reel (at least for a while). My fly line never touches the water when I high stick with my 10 footer. In fact, I feel pretty silly having a nice reel and $80 fly line on my 10 footer - it just doesn't come into play in most cases. If you have a 4 weight reel with 4 weight line, you'll probably be fine with a 3 weight rod, even if you decide to fish traditionally.
                  thats a good point. thanks for the info!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by baldea View Post
                    Iíd highly recommend stopping by one of our sponsors shops and trying a few different ones out. Online reviews and opinions you find online canít compare to actually holding a particular rod and feeling the action in your hand.

                    One rod that is great for me, you may end up hating. I found that out the hard way years ago buying my first 8 wt.

                    Go see Unicoi, Alpharetta Outfitters or the Fish Hawk April any other of our sponsors shops. Nothing beats talking to the guys that get to use and demo these rods every day.
                    ill go holler at the fish hawk and orvis guys today. thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Fishemon View Post
                      Big T has several great choices on his website!

                      http://bigtflyfishing.com/collections/all/fly-rods
                      i messaged him via his website about the 10' 3wt. thanks!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I recently bought the cabelas CZN 9'6 3wt and love it. Very reasonable price. I used it at dukes creek last week and it performed beautifully against some 20"+ fish. I put my 5/6wt reel on it and it balanced perfectly.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AK Pipeline View Post
                          I think you could buy a 10 foot 3 weight, and not worry about getting a new reel (at least for a while). My fly line never touches the water when I high stick with my 10 footer. In fact, I feel pretty silly having a nice reel and $80 fly line on my 10 footer - it just doesn't come into play in most cases. If you have a 4 weight reel with 4 weight line, you'll probably be fine with a 3 weight rod, even if you decide to fish traditionally.


                          You really don't need a new reel. The nymphing line is nice to have but its kind of one of those gimmicks they got us on. I keep my floating line on and a long 20' leader and the fly fline is never out of the reel. That way If I want to fish drys or w/e I can. Guys say bring a spare spool with you...but its not faster...you're still going to need to put the fly line thru the guides when you change spools vs. just changing out a leader and its also extra weight to carry. As far as balancing is concerned...The nymphing line is usually shorter by about 45-50 feet so the extra weight of my floating line will balance out a rod well without going larger arbor.
                          We are the music-makers,
                          And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                          Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                          And sitting by desolate streams;
                          World losers and world forsakers,
                          On whom the pale moon gleams.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post


                            You really don't need a new reel. The nymphing line is nice to have but its kind of one of those gimmicks they got us on. I keep my floating line on and a long 20' leader and the fly fline is never out of the reel. That way If I want to fish drys or w/e I can. Guys say bring a spare spool with you...but its not faster...you're still going to need to put the fly line thru the guides when you change spools vs. just changing out a leader and its also extra weight to carry. As far as balancing is concerned...The nymphing line is usually shorter by about 45-50 feet so the extra weight of my floating line will balance out a rod well without going larger arbor.
                            This is some great info, agree with all the points.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post


                              You really don't need a new reel. The nymphing line is nice to have but its kind of one of those gimmicks they got us on. I keep my floating line on and a long 20' leader and the fly fline is never out of the reel. That way If I want to fish drys or w/e I can. Guys say bring a spare spool with you...but its not faster...you're still going to need to put the fly line thru the guides when you change spools vs. just changing out a leader and its also extra weight to carry. As far as balancing is concerned...The nymphing line is usually shorter by about 45-50 feet so the extra weight of my floating line will balance out a rod well without going larger arbor.
                              that was my original plan to use my 4wt reel. just need to decide on a rod. wither orvis recon or the syndicate 10' 3wt

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X