Friday Fly Tying and Fellowship at Alpharetta Methodist on Friday, April 26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Fly Tying and Fellowship at Alpharetta Methodist on Friday, April 26

Friday, April 26, marks the next edition of the popular monthly Friday Fly Tying & Fellowship get-togethers at Alpharetta First United Methodist Church!

And since spring has definitely sprung...

The focus for April will be on my two favorite flies for warmwater fishing -- the legendary Brim Buster subsurface fly (a damselfly nymph/small minnow imitation) and on the classic Foam Spider, a must-have for warmwater species...and (yes!) for trout too!

Tying these two great flies will get you set for a great start for this year's warmwater fishing!

HOW IT WORKS:
    If you've never been to an FFT&F event, here's how it works: We start at 7 p.m. with brief introductions. Then we move on to the tying and will go until about 9:, pausing in the middle for a break and some snacks from the often-scrumptuous goodies that participants bring for our break-time buffet.

WHERE IS IT HELD?
    FFT&F get-togethers are held at Alpharetta First United Methodist Church, 69 N. Main Street, Alpharetta. This month we are meeting in one of the rooms on the third floor of the newly renovated education building, directly behind the main sanctuary. Park in back and come in under the new covered dropoff area. Then take the elevator to the third floor.

WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
    All tying materials used during the evening are provided. Tying tools are also available to use if you do not have your own -- just let me know if you'll need tying tools when you sign up. I do ask that you bring a bottle of Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails clear nail polish for use as head cement (but if you forget don't let that keep you from coming!).

WHAT ABOUT BRINGING FOOD?
    I'm glad you asked! The FFT&F get-togethers are known for some great break-time buffets. Please bring some sort of snack (or more!) food that we can put on the refereshment table. Also, please bring some soft drinks (fly tying is thirsty work!). We'll have ice and cups and paper plates.

CAN KIDS OR YOUTH PARTICIPATE?
    Absolutely! Although the "instruction" part of the evening is geared toward adults, focused youth are welcome. Please note that in accordance with the church's child protection policies, any youth under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

WHAT'S THE COST?
    There is no charge for being a part of FFT&F. However, there's also no budget for it. For that reason, I put out a "DONATIONS" jar. All donations go to help cover costs. That approach has worked well in the past, and it should work well in the future too.

DO I NEED TO SIGN UP?
    Yes please. That way I can be certain that we have enough materials (and enough space).

AND HOW DO I SIGN UP?
    To sign up, please let me (Steve Hudson) know by responding to this thread or by sending me an email at aa4bw at comcast dot net. That way, I'll know about how many folks to plan for. Thank you!

If you have any questions or concerns, please drop me a note or give me a ring.

I hope to see you there!

Best,

Steve
Working...
X