X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Free Drift Seminar at the 2011 Spring Fling

2011 Spring Fling Drag Free Drift Seminar, March 19

Open to any and all who want to improve their drag free drift and work toward becoming hardcore nymphers. Learn to catch fish first by adding weight and fishing the bottom where the fish live, then there’s plenty of time for esoteric casting and purist endeavors later. And skunked fishermen start on top again this year! Numerous accomplished mentors will be at your disposal, with large group and one-on-one instruction. You can learn more in thirty minutes with a good instructor than you will in months on your own (don’t ask me how I know).

Bring your own waders and fishing gear (we anticipate providing flies for the needy).

Note: Must have a Class III Personal Flotation Device (PFD) and sign liability waiver before hiking down to the river. I will have waivers and helpful handouts in the parking lot.

Arrive at Buford Hatchery by 7:30, suit up, and take the short hike to the river with us. Instruction/Fishing till approximately 9:00, then you’re free to continue fishing or head on back for the beginning of the Fling festivities.

“Sign in” on this thread
    sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
    "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Well, we are certainly going to miss Mudpuppy at this year's DFD seminar, but we could not have a more qualified individual coordinating this event than Mr. Terry Creech. Terry is an accomplished angler and a darn good teacher too! Thanks a ton Terry for taking this on and for stepping up to help those new to the sport (or even some veteran anglers) learn the art of "fishing deep"!

Sign up early for this one folks, as it is a huge hit every time we run this class.
    Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I'm open to volunteering to help again!
      Trent Sizemore Photography
      Instagram

Comment

trent

PM'd you on this

Comment

I have to look at my upcoming work schedule, but I wouldn't mind helping with this again.

Comment

PM'd as well

Comment

I PM'd you Terry.....

Comment

Terry's the best!

You couldn't have found a better DFD mentor. Terrys the man. He's gonna need donations of flies for the newbies. Looks like some good mentors have already stepped up, Terry. I'm glad DFD will continue on. Good luck to everyone involved. I'll miss ya'll.
                "Often, I have been exhausted on trout streams, uncomfortable, wet, cold, briar scarred, sunburned, mosquito-bitten, but never, with a fly rod in my hand, have I been in a place that was less than beautiful."

~by Charles Kuralt-1990~

Comment

Fly Request

For you tiers out there -

We could certainly use some flies for the event. Your favorite flavors of WBs, egg patterns, soft hackles, the now world famous wired stonefly, caddis imitations (spring is coming), etc., etc. If any of you can contribute, PM me for my address, and I'll be happy to debarb and package them. Thanks so much in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by terry creech View Post
                    ...the now world famous wired stonefly...
                    Is that the "Buck's Wired Stone" ? Oh yeah - we could use some of them! One for the mentors too, if you please (my last one was in my box of nymphs which has disappeared into an alternate dimension somewhere ). Great fly - catches fish and neigh indestructible.
                    "To be is to do." - Aristotle
                    "To do is to be." - Niche
                    "Do do be de do be de do.." - Sinatra

Comment

Don't know what happened to my earlier post, but I will be glad to send some flies. I have sent you a PM.

Comment

For those of you wanting to donate flies (think DH) by sending them to me, my address is

Terry Creech
                        563 Abbington Lane
                        Douglasville, GA 30134
                        cell# if you need it is 770-827-8912

Thanks in advance!

Comment

We now have several great mentors signed up to help with the DFD session on the 19th and a good number of "maybes" depending upon kids baseball schedules, etc. Several of us are also planning a "teacher training" shortly so things are coming along!

Be sure and mention the DFD to newcomers you encounter on the water or anyone you think might benefit. There are many who take up this sport only to abandon it before too long, and its never because they've tired of catching too many fish. This is a great introduction to catching, as opposed to merely fishing, that I would have loved to have had the opportunity to take part in many years ago.

Comment

I would love to be apart of this. God know I need the help.

Comment

You're in

It really is just that simple. Please reread the first post on this thread as to PFD, etc. and we'll look forward to meeting you on the 19th.

Comment

Working...
                              X