Saturday Nov. 15, 2014 Workday at Dukes Creek. Mark your Calendar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Nov. 15, 2014 Workday at Dukes Creek. Mark your Calendar

It's official. The workday is on. We are going to need some strong backs and folks to help out. Bonedog and I have been coordinating a project with Friends of Smithgall Woods for Saturday Nov. 15th. The project is pending approval. We have proposed repair and replacement of steps to access the stream. Curtis Hixon of Friends of Smithgall Woods has informed me that the existing steps are 20 years old and are in need of some TLC.

So, mark your calendar and stay tuned in for details.

If you are planning to volunteer for this project, please click on the link below to download, print, and sign the attached waiver:

VolunteerWaiverAndPhotoRelease.pdf
    Last edited by Swamp Angel; 11-03-14, 10:32 AM.
    sigpic
    ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
    - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

I'm almost 70, so can we replace the steps with escalators?

Comment

Originally posted by soundsfishy2me View Post
      I'm almost 70, so can we replace the steps with escalators?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
      I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
      -Lefty Kreh

Comment

I am 70 and repairing the steps is a great idea and repairs are really needed.

Unfortunately, I am going to be in California that weekend, but I am retired and will volunteer to help with any finish up work the following week. Just let me know what doesn't get done and/or if the date changes.

Comment

Just a friendly bump and this is looking like a definite project. We are going to need to volunteers for this. I hope I don't see any familiar names on the reservation list or I may have to resort to guilt tactics.
          sigpic

- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

Comment

The project is a go. Come on on show your support. Dukes needs some TLC
            sigpic

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

Comment

I should be able to make it. I have a reservation to fish the day after so I'll just make it a weekend affair. Send me the details of when and where.
              "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed with the things you didn't do than by the things you didů Explore. Dream. Discover" Mark Twain, 1879

Comment

You can add me to the list, I'd like to help out. Just tell me what I need to bring, thanks!
                Stop by for a visit! www.TheSuburbanAngler.com

Comment

It can definitely use some TLC. I'll be there!
                  Can you Quack??

Comment

Plan is to get things started at 8 am. More details to follow
                    sigpic

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

Comment

Ah. If you ever wonder what NGTO does with the money and great stuff passed on from sponsors, this is an example. NGTO has already paid the cost of the steps to be installed. Now, if volunteers wish to step forward with the project that has been set up...that would be excellent.
                      If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

My trip to California has been postponed until Dec, so I plan on helping on the 15th.

Please send me any info on the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbum View Post
                          My trip to California has been postponed until Dec, so I plan on helping on the 15th.

Please send me any info on the plan.
                          Thank you and the others that volunteer, Please pass on the word. I'll be looking for a headcount later next week.
                          sigpic

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

Comment

I have tools and will travel. I am however more inclined to help if someone in the Atlanta Area wants to Carpool. Gas is getting cheap but its still a bit of a drive.

Comment

I can be there if you still need some hands and tools!

Comment

Working...
                              X