Whitewater DH Bucket Brigade Tuesday Nov. 24, 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitewater DH Bucket Brigade Tuesday Nov. 24, 2015

This is the first announcement for the Bucket Brigade Stocking at Whitewater Park on the Hooch DH. I just confirmed with Pat Markey the date which is 11/24/15. This is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and is a Family friendly event. Bring the kids and they can help stock and then fish immediately afterward. It is always a good time.

More details to Follow.
    sigpic
    ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
    - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

do you know what time they will begin?
    Thanks

Comment

figure 10 am. Get there early to put on waders. Also, there is a waiver that will need to be signed.
      sigpic

- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

Comment

Boy I wish that was on the weekend. I haven't ever done a bucket brigade. Looking forward to my 1st one
        "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
        ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

I have my brother coming in that week and want to bring him and his kids to the bucket brigade on the 24th. I'd like to send him the release forms before he gets here. Are they posted somewhere on this site?

Comment

I sent you an email with the Word doc attached.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Is the Waiver posted for download somewhere?

Comment

This link is to a blank waiver form, which fits any DNR/WRD activity I can find.

http://www.georgiawildlife.com/sites...ity%20Form.pdf

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Ok, dumb question... White water park? Could someone enlighten me on where and how to get to the park? Thank you.
                  Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ~Mark Twain

Comment

White Water

How might one's fly rod rig look to fish after the bucket brigade?...what kind of leader/tippet/fly(s) set up may be best to try? indicator?
                    Thanks for any advice,
                    troutrookie

Comment

Okay. If you are new to trout fishing this is a great event to get involved, great time to get involved if you are a lurker. We are not members were are the NGTO family. The Bucket Brigade only last less than 1/2 to 1 hour. Bring a clean bucket. Put your waders on.......This is a great event to introduce young children to trout fishing. We don't care if it's spin or Fly. There will be mentors at the stocking to help you improve your trout fishing skills. Georgia's DNR is the best in the US. Talk to any of our sponsor outfitters and they can recommend flies for Stocker trout. Egg pattern and Buggers work for me. One of our NGTO Family members, Steve Hudson has taken the time to write a book about catching stocker trout http://www.chattahoocheemedia.com/fly-tying-books

I tied some of Steve's Flies and they work very well

You will catch trout no matter what your skill level is. The more you are involved the more info you will get.

These pics will give you an idea

Watch out for the Blue Heron

Fellow stockers catching trout.

Steve Hudson helping the future member of NGTO catching his first trout.

Proud Dad moment.

The only requirement is what ever you learn pay it forward.

Comment

Originally posted by troutrookie View Post
                        How might one's fly rod rig look to fish after the bucket brigade?...what kind of leader/tippet/fly(s) set up may be best to try? indicator?
                        Thanks for any advice,
                        troutrookie
                        My dos centavos. A standard Tapered 4-5or 6 x leader will work fine. I like egg patterns, Olive Wooly burger. Stockers are used to eating off the surface and they will need to go through a transition. As they get smarter eating food they will eat closer to the bottom. Anyone of our Outfitters Sponsors can make expert recommendations on leaders and flies.

Other Family members have some suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by fish2little View Post
                          Ok, dumb question... White water park? Could someone enlighten me on where and how to get to the park? Thank you.
                          Not a dumb question. Describing how to get there is kind of complicated. From the south: I-75 to Mt. Paran Road to Sentinal Post Road to Whitewater Creek Road and look for the turn off to the Palisades-Whitewater Creek Park. More complicated from the north. Here is a map from the National Park Service.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/33...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0
                          If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

If I can make it, I will have hats and raffle tickets
                            sigpic

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

Comment

I did see above that this lasts maybe an hours at most. Correct? I have a community service day at work and I was going to ask to see if I could take off to assist possibly. Just needing to know a few specifics. What time does this start? and how long? Generally +/- 1 hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X