Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TU Workday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TU Workday

    Join Trout Unlimited members from the Cohutta, Tailwater, Gold Rush, and Chattahoochee-Nantahala chapters as we renew the restoration and stream improvement project on DBIS creek a tributary of DBIS creek II in the Chattahoochee National Forest under the supervision of Jim Wentworth, Wildlife Biologist USFS, and his team.

    The workday is scheduled for July 9th. We will work from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm. Lunch will be served afterward at the worksite.

    We had several volunteers for this workday last year from NGTO but unfortunately we had to cancel. If you are interested in helping please send a pm to me and I will add you to the list.








    Thanks,
    Jeff
    tucohutta.org

  • #2
    Especially for our newest members......this is a potential goldmine for you!

    Four hours with genuine fisheries biologists, who love to teach as they go. You'll learn more in four hours than you will in years, plus you'll be able to point out structures to your children that you helped build.

    You'll be wet, muddy, and sweaty, but you will have something to be proud of when you're finished. Not to mention the friends you'll make!

    I recommend wet-wading gear, boots and long pants (unless you can roll in poison ivy!) The fragile (like me) need gloves. Everything you need to know will be taught OJT.

    Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Windknot View Post
      Especially for our newest members......this is a potential goldmine for you!

      Four hours with genuine fisheries biologists, who love to teach as they go. You'll learn more in four hours than you will in years, plus you'll be able to point out structures to your children that you helped build.

      You'll be wet, muddy, and sweaty, but you will have something to be proud of when you're finished. Not to mention the friends you'll make!

      I recommend wet-wading gear, boots and long pants (unless you can roll in poison ivy!) The fragile (like me) need gloves. Everything you need to know will be taught OJT.

      And if I may piggyback Windknot's post

      You guys wanting the location of some br**ky waters, here's your chance. Volunteer, get down and dirty, pick some brains, and listen more than you talk. Rabunites and those who know tend to share more info with folks who are serious about our delicate ecosystem/fisheries.
      BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

      Exodus 29:18
      Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

      Comment


      • #4
        I didn't think there were any Brookies in Georgia???
        ub

        www.georgiacarry.org Member

        Comment


        • #5
          I would REALLY like to attend this. Like, I've been looking for opportunities to get involved with this kind of stuff.
          Problem is, it's probably a 5hr drive for me, one way.
          Being that it's on a Sat, that might not be a dealbreaker.

          Can I get a general vicinity?
          Resident Tenkara Nerd

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by iso1600 View Post
            I would REALLY like to attend this. Like, I've been looking for opportunities to get involved with this kind of stuff.
            Problem is, it's probably a 5hr drive for me, one way.
            Being that it's on a Sat, that might not be a dealbreaker.

            Can I get a general vicinity?
            PM Sent. Plenty of Camping nearby
            tucohutta.org

            Comment


            • #7
              MJW, plan on me being there. If nothing else I'll make a daytrip out of it. Looks to be just shy of 4hrs if i haul *** haha.
              Resident Tenkara Nerd

              Comment


              • #8
                PM sent. Eagerly awaiting response...
                If fishing is religion, Fly Fishing is high church.

                -Tom Brokaw-

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ChefKy View Post
                  PM sent. Eagerly awaiting response...
                  Hmmmm.....It hasn't come through yet but I will add you to the list.

                  Thanks
                  tucohutta.org

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Another PM inbound to you MJW...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I got the kitchen pass. Looking forward to helping out.

                      Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Work day is July 9th. Signed up to help at the meeting.
                        Cohutta Chapter of Trout Unlimited

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Can't wait!
                          If fishing is religion, Fly Fishing is high church.

                          -Tom Brokaw-

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Will there be a central meeting place where we can follow the lead car or car pool to prevent a log jam of cars on the narrow access road - looking forward to getting wet - this will be the first time I can get wet on purpose thanks Mike

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mjw1990 View Post
                              Join Trout Unlimited members from the Cohutta, Tailwater, Gold Rush, and Chattahoochee-Nantahala chapters as we renew the restoration and stream improvement project on DBIS creek a tributary of DBIS creek II in the Chattahoochee National Forest under the supervision of Jim Wentworth, Wildlife Biologist USFS, and his team.

                              The workday is scheduled for July 9th. We will work from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm. Lunch will be served afterward at the worksite.

                              We had several volunteers for this workday last year from NGTO but unfortunately we had to cancel. If you are interested in helping please send a pm to me and I will add you to the list.








                              Thanks,
                              Jeff
                              Jeff, please put me down to help as well. If need be, I will sign up at our TU meeting on the 30th. Also, just for th record I also had 3 hours on the work outing to Raccoon Creek last quarter.

                              Kelly Hinson

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X