White Water Bucket Brigade-NOV. 21st

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beats me, I just hot-linked the images.

Anyway, come join the stocking if you can! See if these magical pellet flies actually work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "What's his offense?"
    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Iíll try and be there tomorrow with my dad.
      PETA GO HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trout8myfly View Post
        The fly for Tuesday:
        Originally posted by DoubleRainbow View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong but that is a pellet fly made from foam right? And nail polish spot on top? Might have to tie some up as well as some brown unweighted and lightly weighted mops
        Heathens, you're all heathens. There, it needed to be said.

Might see you there tomorrow to help out and see how ya do.

Is the Tilted Kilt still open for lunch on Akers Mill? I don't get down there much.
        If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Originally posted by baldea View Post
          Beginning this month (Nov. 2017), the state will start using Track It Forward for volunteer hour tracking. This new hour recording platform allows you to enter your own volunteer hours, see your time sheet, and see where you are on the path to incentives.

This volunteer hour-recording platform will replace any current time recording efforts, allowing WRD to become more efficient. Given that this is a new program, we do ask that you be patient with this new process.

Please go to the GA DNR website to complete the volunteer application. Link below. It takes only a few seconds to register and it will help if you can get this done before the stocking.

For those that don't or can't register online, it does not prohibit you from coming out. A PDF of the waiver will be attached to this thread and I'll bring copies to the event as well. There is a new waiver so please don't use any old ones from past events.

https://events.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com...t.aspx?id=5297
          They closed the signup at noon today (Monday), at least via the website. I'll print out the form and try to make it tomorrow with junior.

Comment

Originally posted by THE EG View Post
            Heathens, you're all heathens. There, it needed to be said.
            In the fight against a creature with a brain the size of a BB, I need all the help I can get.

Originally posted by THE EG View Post
            Is the Tilted Kilt still open for lunch on Akers Mill?
            Seems to be. You buying?
            "What's his offense?"

Comment

On the way!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the bucket brigade!

Also, I had an email asking if I'd bring a copy of the new CHATTAHOOCHEE TROUT book, so I'll have a few with me.

See you in a couple of hours!

Best,

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Trout8myfly View Post
                Seems to be. You buying?
                I got tied up at work or I would. I recommend it though.
                If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Thank you to all of those that showed up yesterday. No kidding, cars were lined up all the way outside of the park. I’d guestimate there were 60-75 adults and another 25-30 kids. It was crazy. Someone must have heard about the surprises the stocking truck was bringing.

A special thanks to Alpharetta Outfitters for hyping the kids up on donuts and keeping the adults caffeinated with coffee. Steve Hudson was there helping putting plenty of young ones on fish. And even RScott contained himself and didn’t knock over any kids to get to the fish.

Here are a few photos from the day.

Low water...

Yes those are brook trout. A gift from the federal hatchery.

Sorry the photos are small but, I'm trying to figure out Flickr since Photobucket is getting greedy.
                  Last edited by baldea; 11-22-17, 05:32 PM.
                  I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

It was easily the best attended WW stocks NGTO I can remember, and as he first picture is one of our younger members - Josh
                    RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Bret you can always create a post on the NGTO Facebook page, upload the photos there, and hot link them into a post on the message board here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      "What's his offense?"

Comment

Had a great time throwing in a few fish with everyone yesterday. We look forward to harassing the new Whitewater Creek locals. Great seeing everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Brook trout- nice

Comment

I wasn't able to make it out there Tuesday to help (work but I hit the river for an hour Wednesday, and I couldn't find the biomass. Where in the world did they get off to so fast?!? I expected to be stumbling over fish, but I was only able to spook up one single fish!

Comment

The run directly to the left at the bottom of the stairs was silted in, so all of the fish were put directly in front and down the channel in between the island.

I hope to find a few Sunday.
                              I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X