The Fly Fishing Show - Atlanta Feb 2,3, 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marc,

I can relate to health issues and the ability to fish. I struggle with chronic migraines, and am recovering from pneumonia.

It's going to be a great show. It was an incredible show last year, and anticipated to be even better this year.

Volunteer to sit in the NGTO booth for an hour on Saturday and you can earn a free pass into the event. If volunteering is not for you, please let me know you want a ticket. I have 20 that are discounted to $10 a day ($15 at the door).

I look forward to meeting and seeing you at The Fly Fishing Show - Atlanta.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, concerns or comments.

Carolyn

aka
    Retired MP
    Director (Outreach), NGTO
    404-414-3796
    cvemery@aol.com

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!

Comment

We're hearing a lot of buzz at the shop about the upcoming show! Looking forward to seeing everyone and being a part of it. We'll have a rotation of great tyers at our booth including BigT, Steve Hudson, John McCloskey, and Jordan Carter. We'll also have some great show specials for everyone to take advantage of. Mark your calendars!

Comment

bump for the show next week

Comment

The show is this weekend! I'm on the water Friday but will be at the River Through Atlanta Booth on Saturday. I'm pretty sure we are serving free beer with Sweetwater for most of the show so come on by! See you there!
          Time's a Place by a Peaceful Stream
          Www.thefieldandfly.com

Comment

Dredger Found A Booth!!!

Show info here:
            http://flyfishingshow.com/atlanta/

Visit DNR staff at our booth, where both Smithgall Woods Park and WRD staffers will be available for your questions.

Seminar list:

Friday

Catch Room
            10:00 Kevin Howell – 50 Best Places to Fly-Fish Southeast
            11:30 Bruce Chard – Flats Fishing the World
            1:00 Gary Borger – Fishing the Film
            2:30 Bob Clouser – Fly Fishing For Bass, Top to Bottom
            4:00 Henry Cowen – Fly Fishing Fresh Waters for Everything but Trout

Release Room
            10:30 John Shaner – Spiders and Soft Hackles. Ancient Flies for Modern Trout
            12:00 Jason Randall – Euronymphing, Tightline and Other Nymph Fishing Secret Weapons
            1:30 George Daniel – Streamers 2.0
            3:00 Jimmy Jacobs – Georgia’s Back Country Trout Streams
            4:30 Landon Mayer – Trout Tips 2.0, New Secrets and Tactics for Selective Trout

Saturday

Catch Room
            10:00 Nate Brumley – Dry Fly Approaches
            11:30 Jason Randall – When All Else Fails; Catching Trout on Tough Days
            1:00 Mac Brown – Improving Presentation
            2:30 George Daniel – Situational Nymphing
            4:00 Bruce Chard – Grand Slam on Fly

Release Room
            10:30 Kevin Howell – Beyond the Cold Water
            12:00 Landon Mayer – Successful Season: Techniques for Hunting Quality Trout all Year
            1:30 Henry Cowen – Fly Fishing for Sodium Free Striped Bass
            3:00 Gary Borger – Nymphing from Top to Bottom
            4:30 Jimmy Jacobs – Wading for Georgia’s River Bass

Talks subject to change and additions.

=========================

Jeff Durniak
            North Georgia Region Fisheries Supervisor

Wildlife Resources Division

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Yer humble scribe admits to to Bolding his favorite presenters/presentations.

Tell me if I'm wrong!

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Windknot,

We might be hanging out together quite a bit during the show. Wait until you see all the marking on my brochure of the things I want to see/attend/participate in.

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!

Comment

I think I am going to be well enough to make the show!
                  I only envy those who catch more fish than me.-Issac Walton

Comment

That's great to hear.

Comment

Georgia Delayed Harvest presentation at the show

Hi Folks!

If you're there Saturday morning, I'll be presenting a program on fishing Georgia's DH trout streams on Saturday morning at 10 a.m. in the "Destination Theater" room A. Would love to see you there!

Best,

Steve

Comment

Chris Scalley of River Through Atlanta guide service was getting ready yesterday. Had to drag Swamp Angel away from gabbing so they could get their booth done. They are right near the left casting pond, across from Cohutta Fishing Company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Had a great time meeting all our new and old members, talking to our sponsors, seeing the usual suspects and the seminars are not to be missed. Tried out a bunch of sweet rods I can’t afford and got a bunch of stuff I don’t need.

The tying demos are incredible and the fly tyers that came from far and wide are truelly skillful and I learned many things. You can just walk up to these guys and they’re friendly!

Hung out at our booth a good bit and this was probably my favorite part. Special thanks to Carolyn, Kelly, George, John (have fun at your gala ) Chuck Morris, and Jeff Durniak.
                          We are the music-makers,
                          And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                          Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                          And sitting by desolate streams;
                          World losers and world forsakers,
                          On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Thought this was cool. Notice the name tags. The whole Brodin family in the Brodin Net booth next door to NGTO

Last edited by THE EG; 02-03-18, 07:20 PM.

Comment

A couple legends...Dave Whitlock and Bob Clouser both signing books and such.

Comment

Did Baldea every show up?
                                sigpic
                                ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
                                - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

Working...
                                X