Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatorbyte View Post
    Did Baldea every show up?

I heard he was accosted by some psycho stalker.
    I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Great time had by all, at least the folks I spoke to. I haven't been on a Friday due to the work thingy, but I think this one was bigger than last year's show. Got to meet a lot of our members, and for me I got to finally meet two of our long time members that tend to be more legend, myth - John Kies and Narcodog (Bob Kern). Good to meet you both....

Put next years show on your "must see" calendar, go and have fun - and always remember to thank our sponsors...
      RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Originally posted by baldea View Post
        I heard he was accosted by some psycho stalker.

I just assumed it was some NGTO member so appreciative that he felt a need to give Baldea a peck on the cheek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

The raffle drawing for the full day unguided trip to Unicoi Outfitter's Nacoochee Bend was held at the end of the show yesterday. The winner was John Kelly. John was contacted yesterday and is scheduled to pick up his certificate.

He was tickled.

Thank You to all who participated. It was a great show.
          If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Originally posted by THE EG View Post
            The raffle drawing for the full day unguided trip to Unicoi Outfitter's Nacoochee Bend was held at the end of the show yesterday. The winner was John Kelly. John was contacted yesterday and is scheduled to pick up his certificate.

He was tickled.

Thank You to all who participated. It was a great show.
            I was there on Friday with all of the other retired guys. Sorry that I missed you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            "Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Enjoyed the show. Really cool seminars and loved being able to check out all the cool toys (one of those Hardy Duchess reels almost followed me home).

Went total fanboy meeting Tim Flagler from Tightline Productions fly tying videos.

Great show, even if I did have to end it by talking to RScott mooching in the Chota booth 😝
              - Jed Green

"I will make you fishers of men" - Christ
              Bamboo rods, Clear streams, and old Jeeps

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg Vet View Post
                Enjoyed the show. Really cool seminars and loved being able to check out all the cool toys (one of those Hardy Duchess reels almost followed me home).

Went total fanboy meeting Tim Flagler from Tightline Productions fly tying videos.

Great show, even if I did have to end it by talking to RScott mooching in the Chota booth 😝
                Flagler was cool, I harassed him a good 30 minutes, picked up some good tips and heard some interesting stories. His wife Joan was working the angling bookstore, really nice and made change for me when I needed it for the booth. There was this Little (last name) kid next to him with some of the most realistic looking flys Iíve seen, that I thought he dipped actually flies in wax.
                We are the music-makers,
                And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                And sitting by desolate streams;
                World losers and world forsakers,
                On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
                  There was this Little (last name) kid next to him with some of the most realistic looking flys I’ve seen, that I thought he dipped actually flies in wax.
                  Tradd.
                  Very well known in the fly tying circuit. He also just recently won a Flymen Fishing Company tying contest with an articulated pattern.

Comment

Thanks!

Great show this year! Thanks to all who volunteered. I enjoyed meeting & chatting with Uncle Jesse & Swamp Angel. Also spent decent amount of time with Kent Edmonds picking his brain about shoal bass. Really cool guy!
                    Last edited by Sam_MTB; 02-06-18, 12:54 PM.
                    IG: @sham_douglas1

Comment

Got to attend several seminars and meet with Landon Mayer. He signed my book too at the authors table.
                      Cohutta Chapter of Trout Unlimited

Comment

main thing Iíve learned from past 2 years of that show is that I need to book as many trips as possible with Mac Brown

That guyís knowledge and skills are beyond impressive

Comment

Working...
                        X