Bucket Brigade at White Water Unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket Brigade at White Water Unit

Does anyone know when DNR will need a Bucket Brigade at the White Water Unit this year? Normally, it is the Monday or Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I need to start getting the North Paulding High School Fly Fishing & Cold Water Conservation Club ready for that trip.

I don't, but honestly, I am waiting for the invite for a ride on the tooga chopper!!!

Comment

Originally posted by baybum View Post
      Does anyone know when DNR will need a Bucket Brigade at the White Water Unit this year? Normally, it is the Monday or Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I need to start getting the North Paulding High School Fly Fishing & Cold Water Conservation Club ready for that trip.
      DNR already stocked the whole Hooch DH by truck but they usually have the bucket brigade on a day when school is out so that kids can be included. Something to ask about on Saturday at the Fling.
      If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Bucket brigade dates

Hunter Roop, our new fisheries biologist, tells me that there are two currently scheduled.

The first is Thursday, Nov. 8 (next week) at 2 p.m.

The second is Tuesday, Nov. 20 (Thanksgiving week) at 11 a.m.

Both of these are at Whitewater.

Schedule permitting, I hope to take some time off and be at one or both. They're always a huge amount of fun!

Best,

Steve

Comment

Fleshing out Steve's message.....

This November we have TWO delayed harvest volunteer stocking events that will take place at Whitewater Creek (
          https://goo.gl/maps/dSDmx3tLhAK2
          ). The dates and times are Thursday, November 8
          th
          at 2:00 pm and Tuesday, November 20
          th
          at 11:00 AM.

All are welcome to sign up for the volunteer stocking event at
          Go Outdoors GA

Please plan to arrive at the parking lot at Whitewater Creek with a clean 5 gallon bucket and signed waiver form (only complete page 4 of the “CompleteVolunteerApplication” attachment, for adults).

As always, this is a great opportunity to bring any kids that are out of school to experience this stocking, and of course there will be a few that will stick around and educate our newly released friends before they swim off to other sections of the river.

We hope you will join us on the 8
          th
          or the 20
          th
          at Whitewater Creek!
          Last edited by Windknot; 11-02-18, 02:01 PM. Reason: My browser has inflammed hemorrhoids.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Well, that copy & paste didn't go well! Sorry.

I might add; kids love this event. They will get wet. Plan accordingly.

Comment

Some of the most fun I have EVER had...

...is after a DH stocking...helping kids catch a trout. Look for the young folks with the little rods and the big crankbaits on 'em or the newcomer to fly fishing who doesn't quite have it figured out yet. Then introduce yourself and show 'em how it's done.

I guarantee that you'll put a big smile on someone's face and have a blast at the same time!

Best,

Steve

Comment

This is a great event.
                Spencer and I have enjoyed it previously.

Dump the bucket, then catch the stupid stockers. First time I saw a young boy catch about hundred fish, maybe the same fish a hundred times.

I would highly recommend.
                Unfortunately, Spence and I can't make it this time. He has school and we have his annual Thanksgiving luncheon in the classroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you again to the Wildlife Resources Division of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources for providing the beautiful trout today. My arms are sore from carrying all those buckets. For those who did not make it, there were four of us there with only three buckets.

Comment

HUGE flows on the Chattahoochee below Morgan Falls Dam. All those beautiful trout I helped stocked at White Water last week are probably in the Lake West Point now.

Comment

Nov. 20 Stocking Postponed

In the interest of public safety, and the needs of reservoir operators to manage the Lake Lanier and Bull Sluice water levels in light of the recent, heavy rainfall, we are cancelling Tuesday’s volunteer stocking event at Whitewater Creek (scheduled for 11/20 @ 11:00 AM). If this event is rescheduled for a future date, will inform everyone as soon as possible. We apologize to all of those volunteers planning to attend this event.

Sincerely,

Hunter J. Roop
                      Fisheries Biologist

Wildlife Resources Division

Comment

Working...
                      X