Striper Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striper Tournament

Last year Alpharetta Outfitters (I think) sponsored a striper fly only tournament. Will this be done again this year? I didn't get to participate last year, and was hoping......
    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

That was April of this year. I believe they plan to do it again around the same time next year.
    "Everyone blows their money on stupid stuff. Just choose which stupid you want and roll with it."

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by flyfisher062305 View Post
      That was April of this year. I believe they plan to do it again around the same time next year.
      The tournament I'm referring to was February 24, "Southern Striper Open" benefiting PHW.

Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Jeff Wright, Fly Fishing Manager at Alpharetta Outfitters, spoke at the Atlanta Fly Fishing Club monthly meeting on Nov 14 and indicated that the 2018 striper tournament was a fund raising success and would be held again in 2019. You might call him at the shop to see if any details are available.

Comment

I'll be seeing Jeff in a couple of days, I'll ask him when I see him.

FM
          The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

The tourney is being planned for March. I'll let Jeff break out the details when he is ready. Fish on!

FM
            The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

Thanks Mark! I wanted to do this last year, but life got in my way. Hopefully things will line up for next year, and for a good cause to boot!

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                Glad someone brought this up! We're working on SSO 2019 as we speak. We couldn't have asked for a better first year turnout this past February with $3500 raised for PHWFF. Hoping to have an even better turnout this upcoming spring!

We'll be switching some things up for next year's Southern Striper Open. Look for official details in an "Events" posting shortly.

Dates for this upcoming tournament will be as follows...
                3/22/19 - Captain's Meeting at AO night before the tournament
                3/23/19 - 1st day of SSO Tournament
                3/24/19 - 2nd day of SSO Tournament finishing at 12pm with award ceremony following

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll be watching for the official announcements.

Comment

Working...
                  X