New Process for embedding Video and SlideShows into Posts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Process for embedding Video and SlideShows into Posts

I've been keeping an eye on the posts with embedded video / media since the change to the process and most everyone has been using the new process. However I still some trying to embed using the older obsolete method. I removed the links/Icons mentioned in the older method that generated the code to allow us to embed Photobucket, vimeo, and YouTube Video and slide shows.

So, everyone has to use the new process now.

The new process is much easier and allows user to see the video posts on a wider range of Browsers.

The other cool thing about the new process, is that all you have to do is cut and paste the whole URL of the video you want to link too into your post and the embedding application does the rest.

GB, was telling me the other day that the new changes has made it easier for him to post threads with videos from his iPhone.

Here is a list of all the media definitions this modification contains:

MEDIA DEFINITIONS
    This is the complete list of Media Definitions, alphabetized and sorted by category. Please read any notations I've made for a particular definition.

Music/Audio
    eBaums World (Audio)
    eSnips (Music) (Turned off by default. Cannot be used with eSnips Video active!)
    GoEar
    Jiwa
    Jiwa (Playlists)
    Playlist
    ProstoPleer
    SoundClick
    SoundClick (Playlists)

Other
    AllPosters (Thumbnails)
    Amazon (Links) (Tuned off by default. Cannot be used with Thumbnails active!)
    Amazon (Thumbnails) (Turn this off if you decide to use Amazon Links instead. The two cannot be used together!) (For Amazon Thumbs to work properly, you must download the images provided at the end of this list)
    authorSTREAM
    CafePress (Thumbnails)
    CNET Downloads (Badges) (For badges to work properly, you must download the images provided at the end of this list)
    Daily HaHa (Funny Pictures)
    eBaum's World (Audio)
    eBay (Thumbnails) (For eBay Thumbs to work properly, you must download the images provided at the end of this list)
    Flickr Slideshows (Photostreams)
    Google (Let Me Google That For You) (Tuned off by default. Cannot be used with Search Results active!)
    Google (Search Results) (Turn this off if you decide to use Let Me Google That For You instead. The two cannot be used together!)
    Google Maps
    ImageShack (Slideshows)
    Issuu
    MegaUpload (Badges) (For badges to work properly, you must download the images provided at the end of this list)
    RapidShare (Badges) (For badges to work properly, you must download the images provided at the end of this list)
    RockYou
    Scribd
    Slide (SlideShows)
    SlideShare
    Wikipedia (Links)
    Wikipedia (Thumbnails) (Beta - Cannot be used with Wikipedia (Links) Active.)
    zSHARE (Badges) (For badges to work properly, you must download the images provided at the end of this list)

Video
    2K Sports
    5min Life Videopedia
    Adult Swim
    Apache Clips
    Atom
    BikerPunks
    Blip
    Break
    CBS News
    CBS Sports (AKA Sportsline)
    Clarin
    Clipfish
    ClipShack
    Clip.vn
    CNN
    College Humor
    Comedy Central
    Crackle
    Crave Online
    Current
    Daily HaHa
    Dailymotion
    Dailymotion (Playlists)
    Dark Orange
    Diesel Bombers
    DisneyTube
    DivShare
    Dorks
    EA Sports World
    eBaums World (Videos)
    eSnips (Videos) (Turn this off if you decide to use eSnips Music instead. The two cannot be used together!)
    ESPN
    Facebook
    FanDome
    FileCabi
    Flektor
    Flickr
    FloTrack
    Flowrestling
    Fox News
    FQuick
    Funny Or Die
    G4TV
    Game Trailers
    GameSpot
    GameVideos
    Giant Bomb
    Globo
    Google Video
    Grapheine`s BombayTV
    Guba
    Guitar-Tube
    H3Press
    Hulu
    I Am Bored
    IGN
    iKlipz
    ImageShack
    Izlesene
    Izleturk
    JibJab
    Joe Cartoon
    Jokeroo
    JustinTV
    Koreus
    Last.FM
    Layartancap
    Libero
    Live Video
    LiveLeak
    Magnify
    Media Matters
    MegaVideo
    Metacafe
    MLG: The Game Room
    Motionbox
    MotorsportsMad
    MSNBC
    MTV
    MTV Music
    MyModelTalk
    MySpace
    MyVideo.Co.Za
    MyVideo.De
    Newsclipper
    NFL
    Nollywood
    NothingToxic
    PC Planets (MetaCafe Videos)
    PC Planets (YouTube Videos)
    Photobucket (Videos)
    Photosynth
    Poker Tube
    Porkolt
    Pure Pwnage
    Putfile
    Raw Vegas
    Rediff
    Revision3
    Revver
    RuTube
    Sclipo
    Sevenload
    Social Paintball
    South Park (Clips)
    Speedaholic
    Spike
    Spiked Humor
    StreetFire
    Tangle
    The Colbert Report (Clips)
    The Daily Show (Clips)
    The Escapist
    The Onion
    The WB
    TinyPic
    Today's BIG Thing
    Trailer Addict
    Tu
    Tudou
    UOL
    UOL Mais
    UOL Videolog
    Ustream (Live & Recorded)
    Veoh
    Viddler
    Video Tube
    Video.Mail.Ru
    VideoJug
    Vidiac
    vidiLife
    Vimeo
    VistaKU
    Vreel
    Wall Street Journal
    Wat.TV
    WeGame
    World Star Hip-Hop
    Xfire
    Yahoo!
    Yatahonga
    YouKu
    YouKu (Playlists)
    YouTube (with Deep Linking support)
    YouTube (Playlists)
    Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.
    sigpic

You da man!
    "To be is to do." - Aristotle
    "To do is to be." - Niche
    "Do do be de do be de do.." - Sinatra

Comment

I assume we use the Insert Link button which is right below the Smiley face on the post toolbar?
      "What's his offense?"
      "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
      ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Will flickr slideshows be visible in the post?
        Trent Sizemore Photography
        Instagram

Comment

i was wondering why i can see videos at work now. Great, now I really won't get any work done.
          I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trout8myfly View Post
            I assume we use the Insert Link button which is right below the Smiley face on the post toolbar?
            Nope, just paste the URL as is into the post and the Mod will take care of it.

Originally posted by trentsize View Post
            Will flickr slideshows be visible in the post?
            flickr is on the list of sites this mod handles. I do not have a flickr account so I can not say, but please try it out and let me know.
            Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.
            sigpic

Comment

I just figured out how, check out my post in the photography form.
              Last edited by trentsize; 03-04-11, 03:27 PM.
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by trentsize View Post
                I just figured out how, check out my post in the photography form.

Looks good trentsize.

So, once you copied the link for the slide show over on flickr, did you just have to paste the URL on your post here on NGTO ?

If you had to do anything different share your experience, cause I know everyone will benefit from it.

Thanks
                sigpic

Comment

I couldn't copy the link to my photostream page, but there's a slideshow button to click on flickr that gives you basically the same URL with "/show" at the end. I just pasted that URL like it was into my post.
                  Instagram

Comment

NICE!!!
                    You definitely da man!
                    This place runs like a well-oiled machine, my friend. Thanks for all your hard work.
                    WF
                    sigpic
                    There's nought as queer as folk.

"From the end of May to the end of August, a drizzling or thoroughly wet day is the best; next to which is a showery one, and then a bright day with a breeze of wind; a dark day without wind is the worst of all." W.C. Stewart

Comment

testing 123

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=P9290039.mp4

Working on it. Photobucket changed from "http://s224" to "http://smg" can not find info in AME regex to modify new photobucket info. I'll keep looking.
                      Last edited by SlowStreamer; 09-30-12, 05:26 PM.
                      sigpic
                      ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
                      - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

I can not find anything obvious that is preventing you to embed GB. The video below I uploaded back in March and it embeds fine

[ame="http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd176/SlowStreamer/Hooch/DH_2011/?action=view&current=DH_03_01_12.mp4"]DH_2011 :: DH_03_01_12.mp4 video by SlowStreamer - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid224.ph otobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fdd176%2FSlowStreamer%2FHo och%2FDH_2011%2FDH_03_01_12.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@file=ht tp%3A%2F%2Fvid224.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fdd176 %2FSlowStreamer%2FHooch%2FDH_2011%2FDH_03_01_12.mp 4[/ame]

Anyone else having problems embedding Photobucket Videos ?

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/...m/P9290039.mp4
                        Last edited by SlowStreamer; 09-30-12, 05:40 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

[ame="http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd176/SlowStreamer/Misc/?action=view&current=P9290039.mp4"]Misc :: P9290039.mp4 video by SlowStreamer - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid224.ph otobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fdd176%2FSlowStreamer%2FMi sc%2FP9290039.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid 224.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fdd176%2FSlowStreame r%2FMisc%2FP9290039.mp4[/ame]

GB, I don't know if this is user error or a problem with your account. I downloaded your video to my PC and then uploaded it to my account and embedded like we discussed and I do not have a problem.

Again, anyone else having problems embedding videos from Photobucket ?
                          sigpic

Comment

I tried to post a link, but it also shows the link to all videos on the photobucket account... and seeing how the account isn't mine, I didn't want to do that. ???
                            http://www.facebook.com/fernvalleytrout

Find us or Post Review to Trip Advisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...e_Georgia.html

Comment

Originally posted by Fern Valley Girl View Post
                              I tried to post a link, but it also shows the link to all videos on the photobucket account... and seeing how the account isn't mine, I didn't want to do that. ???

Glad, I saw where you tried to post the link and deleted the thread. I have been working with Bret on this for a couple ours and my final conclusion is it has to be something to do with Mr. Chuck's photobucket account settings.

Thank you for your feedback.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X