Posting images from online?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting images from online?

How do youse post pics from say google images. Is there a code? I'd like to keep my fishing photos separate from my shenanigans pics that I pull up from online and I do not want to store them in photobucket with said fishing photos.

Thanks,
    GU.
    We are the music-makers,
    And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers
    And sitting by desolate streams;
    World losers and world forsakers,
    On whom the pale moon gleams.

So long as you have a valid URL for the image then any image can be hotlinked.

Example: I googled "NGTO", selected the Images option and then clicked on one of the search results:

This only works if you select an image. Doesn't work if you try to grab the URL from the search results.

ETA: And this sticky has full directions for posting pics: http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/foru...ad.php?t=68686
    "What's his offense?"
    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

I think I got it, right click then copy image address.

Follow up question:
      Is there a way to post a pic off your photobucket without it being clickable and then giving access to your entire library of pics to anyone? I may want to store some tasteful nudes in photobucket one day.
      We are the music-makers,

Comment

Hmmm...not that i know of. Maybe a setting within Photobucket?
        "What's his offense?"

Comment

You can also make a separate photobucket account for just fish pics. I know it is more work to manage 2 accounts but it definitely keeps your tasteful nudes away from your trout.
          Whale Oil Beef Hooked
          - what you say to an Irishman when they buy you a pint

Comment

If you're using photobucket look to the right of the photo you want to post. Yo will see several lines starting with "http//". Click on the one that is labeled "direct." When click there it will automatically copy that code. Then go to your post on NGTO and click on the "image" icon at the top of the text box. Paste the information you copied from photobucket into the window that opens and your photo will appear in the message when you post it.
            Last edited by Swamp Angel; 09-20-16, 03:46 PM.
            If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Looks like you're getting the hang of it. Now stop posting reclining mermaids and post some fish pics!
              If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
                Looks like you're getting the hang of it. Now stop posting reclining mermaids and post some fish pics!

Thanks swampy, the direct will not lead back to library, I must have been using IMG. As soon as my gravel guards come in from Minnesota, I will be out and hopefully have some pics to post. It took 4 days for them just to get to Fargo.
                We are the music-makers,

Comment

Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
                  Thanks swampy, the direct will not lead back to library. . .
                  Exactly. However, I have accessed your library through the the third link you posted, so you may want to go back and delete everything in your test post above except the direct image link to prevent anyone else from doing so. (You have some nice Ganesh photos there. I was admittedly, however, looking for those "tasteful" nudes you promised.)

And. . . . I am out and clear of your library now.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
                    Exactly. However, I have accessed your library through the the third link you posted, so you may want to go back and delete everything in your test post above except the direct image link to prevent anyone else from doing so. (You have some nice Ganesh photos there. I was admittedly, however, looking for those "tasteful" nudes you promised.)

And. . . . I am out and clear of your library now.
                    The third one was the IMG.

Nudes materializing shortly.
                    We are the music-makers,

Comment

Also remember that the pics need to be no larger than 600x800 so if they are too big when posted go into the editor in PB to change the size and apply it to the original, assuming that you keep "your personal" copy on a separate drive (on phone camera or sd card)
                      I had the hardest time getting used to doing it. Don't get discouraged if it takes a few edits of your post to get it correct
                      Cheers
                      "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
                      ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Originally posted by Dtroutmann View Post
                        Also remember that the pics need to be no larger than 600x800 so if they are too big when posted go into the editor in PB to change the size and apply it to the original, assuming that you keep "your personal" copy on a separate drive (on phone camera or sd card)
                        I had the hardest time getting used to doing it. Don't get discouraged if it takes a few edits of your post to get it correct
                        Cheers
                        If you use hotlinking as described above then the original image size doesn't matter. The size limit only applies when uploading them to NGTO.
                        "What's his offense?"

Comment

Working...
                        X