Greetings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

One of your members peeked in to another forum I follow. Mentioned this one so figured I'd check it out. I normally fish the Rockies, but have fished the Blue Ridge Mt's. Live on the AL gulf coast. Getting ready to retire. Hope to fish more now.
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He would not have created the other five days of the week."

Remember, always fight like you're the third monkey trying to get on Noah's ark.

Welcome Kevin! If you live on Al gulf coast, expect to make a lot of friends. We like anything that swims and can be caught on a hook. I retired at the end of last year, and it's the best job I ever had!
    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Thanks. Oddly, I no longer do much, if any, saltwater fishing. Got in to fly fishing several years ago and didn't hardly use the big boat anymore. Put it up for sale a couple years ago and gave it a new zip code. Mostly fly fishing out west (Rockies) or Europe/UK. I do a little in the Blue Ridge Mt's. The "other side of the big pond" stuff ended last year when I transferred to a new location assignment. It was fun while it lasted. And I do a little crappie fishing down this way (mostly Grenada Lake, MS). Dec 1 is my hard date for retirement. Could be earlier if the right person says the wrong thing. Looking forward to it either way.
      "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He would not have created the other five days of the week."

Remember, always fight like you're the third monkey trying to get on Noah's ark.

Comment

"Dec 1 is my hard date for retirement. Could be earlier if the right person says the wrong thing. Looking forward to it either way."

I can understand that. I worked with a great bunch of folks, so parting was kinda hard to do. But I did it, and glad that I did. My daughter is building a house this spring, and I'm doing a lot of the legwork getting permits, etc. Still I'm ready for spring to get sprung, the crappie bite turn on, and the striped bass run to get running.
        BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
        Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Working...
        X