Hello From Dawsonville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Dawsonville

Recently moved to the Dawsonville area and was introduced to fly fishing by a buddy. After a guided trip I’m absolutely hooked and obsessing over the pursuit of trout... brown, rainbows, and brooks alike! I stopped by Unicoi outfitters ( great shop, even greater people) and was shown a bunch of stuff by “Dredger”, a retired trout biologist working there at the shop.
    He introduced me to this forum, and I look forward to lurking and learning!
    Attached Files

Welcome to the board. You been to the Dawsonville Pool Room and had a Bully Burger yet? That and the fries/onion rings are fine greasy spoon fare. It's also basically a shrine to Bill Elliot. Chase Elliot is starting to get some love too. Maybe they'll eventually start putting some of his stuff up on the walls now.

Oh yeah, Amicolola delayed harvest (DH) is 7 miles to the west of Dawsonville and starts November 1st.
    If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Welcome to the forum and fly fishing. If you're planning on expanding your geographical horizons with fly fishing drop a note. I fish out west quite a bit. Great fishing all over the country. Each has it's own personal landscaping.
      "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He would not have created the other five days of the week."

Remember, always fight like you're the third monkey trying to get on Noah's ark.

Comment

Welcome Boudreaux, lotsa good folks and info here! Keep your eyes open for information on our Fall Fling coming up in late October. We like putting faces with names, so come join us!
        BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
        Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome aboard. Fly fishing is very addictive. I have been doing it for a year now and hardly every do any spinning reel or bait cast fishing now. There is something about the pull of a trout at the end of a fly rod that makes you smile.

Comment

Originally posted by THE EG View Post
              Welcome to the board. You been to the Dawsonville Pool Room and had a Bully Burger yet? That and the fries/onion rings are fine greasy spoon fare. It's also basically a shrine to Bill Elliot. Chase Elliot is starting to get some love too. Maybe they'll eventually start putting some of his stuff up on the walls now.

Oh yeah, Amicolola delayed harvest (DH) is 7 miles to the west of Dawsonville and starts November 1st.
              I went once and the place is awesome!!! Can’t wait to be up there when they light off the sireeeeen!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KevinD62 View Post
                Welcome to the forum and fly fishing. If you're planning on expanding your geographical horizons with fly fishing drop a note. I fish out west quite a bit. Great fishing all over the country. Each has it's own personal landscaping.
                Appreciate it!! My schedule allows for long stints at home with little to do. Out west may be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
                  Welcome Boudreaux, lotsa good folks and info here! Keep your eyes open for information on our Fall Fling coming up in late October. We like putting faces with names, so come join us!
                  Will do preacher, sounds like a good time. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Trout Hunter 18 View Post
                    Welcome aboard. Fly fishing is very addictive. I have been doing it for a year now and hardly every do any spinning reel or bait cast fishing now. There is something about the pull of a trout at the end of a fly rod that makes you smile.
                    I feel ya on that!! I take my boat out and seldom pull the coffee grinders our anymore. All fly fishing.... my wife just has to stay behind the console for safety reasons lol!!. Still working on getting the whole casting thing down.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouBoudreaux View Post

Appreciate it!! My schedule allows for long stints at home with little to do. Out west may be nice!

So does mine. I just retired.
                      "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He would not have created the other five days of the week."

Remember, always fight like you're the third monkey trying to get on Noah's ark.

Comment

Hey Alex thought this was you!! Welcome to the board!
                        Danny aka dink
                        Some fishermen see no fish and foolishly
                        believe that the river is empty.
                        Henry Van Dyke

Comment

Welcome aboard and I look forward to meeting you at our Fall Fling.
                          "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Thanks for stopping by the shop. FYI, Unicoi Outfitters even has our own token Cajun guide, Mr. Ken Comeau.
                            Jimmy Harris
                            Unicoi Liars Club
                            Unicoi Outfitters Online Store

Comment

Welcome! So you have encountered Jimmy Harris and Dredger? Well done! Between those two lives 90% of all fly fishing knowledge in Georgia. --jk--

Comment

Working...
                              X