New to the forums

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forums

Hi guys. Live in Huntsville, AL and have been fly fishing for about a year now. I mainly fish TN trout waters, but have fished the White River in AR. Looking to try my luck in GA sometime. I fly fish for everything, but right now I am fixated on trout, specifically of the brown color. Here are some recent catches.....

"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

Welcome Al ! Nice fish. Good to have you with us.

Comment

Welcome aboard! We have many members from the great state of Alabama!
      Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
      Simple Goat Herder
      Former NGTO President
      Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Nice fish dude. Welcome! You'll find this to be the best forum in the galaxy.
        Live slow
        sigpic
        Creel limit = zero

Comment

For a guy who's been fly fishing about a year, I'd say you caught on quickly and well! Very nice fish, and it's always good to see multi-species represented, even if we have trout in our name.

Now, before the resident NGTO knotmeister [Kent] notices that clinch knot - give the Davy knot a try! Simple, quick and super-compact. http://www.pechetruite.com/Noeuds/Davy-knot.htm

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Welcome my friend. Looks like you like catching some green trout as well as those brown ones!
            Don't be a stranger, stay a while!
            BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
            Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

This is one of my favorite posts. I didn't know of this site and I love it already. Super knot tying site that is simple and very well explained. Better than most if not all others. Thanks.
              Live slow
              sigpic
              Creel limit = zero

Comment

Nice FISH Al!!! Did you join up w/the FF club in your neck of the woods, I see they make an anual trip to Arkansas?
                Boy how about WK noticing your clinch, their
                " Is it ignorance or is it apathy?
                Hey man I don't know and I don't care" Jimmy Buffet

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. Yea, clinch is what I do, and have never lost a fish. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I have joined the TVFF last year, and while I have gone on a lot of local trips with them, I have yet to make the AR trip. I went on my own with a buddy last March. It's hard because they go for a week, and usually my vacation is used for more than just myself!
                  "Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to the board, there are a good bunch of guys on here and very knowledgable.

The fish look good, I am trying to talk my buddy into going to the White River to catch some nice trout.

Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                    X