Glad to be here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to be here

Just joined today. Got a new fly fishing rig in July and just started fly fishing. Have a 9ft 6 weight. Caught a few blue gill and warmouth but no trout yet. Supposed to go to Tallulah River this weekend. Looking forward to learning a lot on here from all the vets.

Thanks

Jonathan

Welcome, Jonathan!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

welcome jonathan
        patrick

Comment

Originally posted by pjciii View Post
          welcome jonathan
          patrick
          Now need to catch a trout so I can get a good avatar.

Comment

you have one to the best trout rivers in the country almost in your back yard. the Hooch below the dam. pick up one of those river keepers maps. now you have to learn about water release, safe wading and wearing a PFD.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

DD F
              Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

Originally posted by pjciii View Post
                you have one to the best trout rivers in the country almost in your back yard. the Hooch below the dam. pick up one of those river keepers maps. now you have to learn about water release, safe wading and wearing a PFD.
                yes I want to try the Hooch out. I was reading where Bowman's Island is a pretty good spot. I saw a PDF online with pockets that I might get to put my gear in.

From watching video's on the Hooch you do not know if you catch a small trout a few inches our a big brown. Heard Woolly Boogers are good for the larger trout.

Comment

The Tallulah River had plenty of stockers still swimming around last weekend. We didn't take any home so I'm sure you'll find plenty more this weekend.

Use an orange glo bug and you'll do well.
                  https://www.bigyflyco.com/beadheadglobug-2-detail.htm

Comment

Welcome TH18, you're headed in the right direction. Work slow, move slower. If you can see the fish, more than likely they have already seen you. A wooly booger is a good starting fly. There's no wrong way to fish it. Cast it upstream and let it drift back.Cast downstream and strip it back in. Cast across stream, let it drift, let it hang in the current before you strip it back in. Strip line off your reel and let the booger slow drift downstream, letting it hang in the current as you do. The only wrong way is to keep it out of the water.

And you never know...that bump maybe a "SNIT" (standard nine inch trout), or it may be an 18 inch brown with an attitude.
                    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

That is nice to know. Did not know you can fish a Wooly Booger is so many ways. Hope to catch a few stockers and browns tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X