Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Greetings anglers!
    Iím a new member here, just started trout fishing this year. Iím closest to some of the seasonally stocked creeks outside the metro. Slowly learning what works and what doesnít. Still use a spinning reel, havenít the budget to get a fly rod at the moment.

Welcome.
    Nothing wrong with using spinning gear - you will catch plenty of trout that way, but if you are simply interested in getting into fly fishing it doesn't have to break the bank. My first fly rod with reel, backing, line, and leader cost about $40. I caught plenty of fish on that rod before moving up to a better model.
    Also, the NGTO fall fling happens Nov 3rd at the Buford Trout hatchery, there will be some auctions, raffles, and sales there where you might be able to get inexpensive gear and certainly will be able to chat with some experienced anglers.

Comment

Echo Splatek...if you're legal, you're good. We are NGTO, T for Trout, nothing says flyrod only. I've got a couple of outfits that I put together for less than $50. They weren't the prettiest, but they were effective.
      Hope to see you at the fling!!
      BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
      Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Welcome aboard.

No shame in spinning gear; I've been using it for 30 years.
        Speck

Follower of Christ
        Pursuer of trout
        -------------------------------------------------
        "Your genuine action will explain itself and will explain your other genuine actions. Your conformity explains nothing." -- Emerson

Comment

Welcome LureDawg!!!
          Come on to the fling and hang out.
          I too only fished traditional gear until a buddy put a fly rod in my hand. Fly fishing doesn't have to break the bank. Now it might break your heart from time to time, but doesn't any kind of fishing?
          "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Working...
          X