Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps I missed it but how does one sign up for some of these seminars? I'd like to sign up for a lot of it.

Comment

Big Drew, the only event that requires advanced sign up is the Drag Free Drift seminar at 8:00 am (and it's best to get there around 7:30 - and bring a PFD!)

Otherwise, just show up and have fun!
      "What's his offense?"
      "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
      ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Originally posted by Trout8myfly View Post
        Big Drew, the only event that requires advanced sign up is the Drag Free Drift seminar at 8:00 am (and it's best to get there around 7:30 - and bring a PFD!)

Otherwise, just show up and have fun!
        Great! I'll definitely be there bright and early. I would like to sign up for drag free drift too.

Is this event BYOB or is there no booze since this is at the hatchery?

Comment

Big Drew, you need to sign up in the DFDS thread:

2012 Spring Fling Drag Free Drift Seminar

And bring a PFD! Mandatory.
          "What's his offense?"
          "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
          ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Originally posted by Trout8myfly View Post
            Big Drew, you need to sign up in the DFDS thread:

2012 Spring Fling Drag Free Drift Seminar

And bring a PFD! Mandatory.
            Thanks for the heads up. I must have missed the other thread.

Comment

A new event is being added. You're not going to want to miss this one. Stay tuned.
              sigpic
              ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
              - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

OK, I am the Prez for goodness sakes and I don't even know what GB is about to announce! Can't wait to hear the big news!
                Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                Simple Goat Herder
                Former NGTO President
                Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Is it bobbing for trout in the hatchery runs ?

If that's not it I'm worried
                  Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.

Comment

I just hope it doesnt involve me flipping my float tube in the pond or raceway. I was wondering why he called and asked if I was still up for flipping it.
                    I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

This mystery event is being put on by Kent Edmonds.

Kent is following up his Shoal Bass presentation with a demonstration and class on useful moving water casts including tuck casts, aerial mends, and curves. This will take place on the casting field and there is no need to sign up. It's open to everyone.
                      sigpic
                      ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
                      - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

So....did you decide against the Orvis Fashion Show?

I'm crushed.
                        The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorbyte View Post
                          A new event is being added. You're not going to want to miss this one. Stay tuned.
                          Anyone want to demonstrate how to successfully walk across the hooch in non-felt bottom boots without a walking stick and without taking a swim?

Comment

Whew! Another great NGTO Fling is in the books. I had a great time today and I sure hope you all did too. Too many folks to thank for helping make today's event such a great success, but you know who you are! I know I speak for the entire BOD when I say thank you to everyone who chipped in today.

I also wanted to thank our sponsors and supporters for helping us financially and wanted to give a special shoutout to James Bradley of Reel em In Guide Service and Jimmy Harris of Unicoi Outfitters for donating the great trips we were able to give away today. Oh, and thanks also to our good friend RScott for chipping in with those Hooch Park Passes! With the bucket raffle auctions and the funds donated by folks to help us pay for the food, we were able to raise almost enough to cover the entire cost of putting on this event! That is significant folks, as it allows us to have additional funds to support many great trout fishing related causes like the Back the Brookie program, Fly Fishing for Vets, and the Casting for Recovery project.

Lastly, I wanted to thank everyone who came out today to enjoy the Fling. NGTO works because of your enthusiastic participation. We are not just another anonomous message board, we are an honest to goodness community with a common purpose. That makes this a very cool thing we got going here!

Love you guys!!!!!
                            Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                            Simple Goat Herder
                            Former NGTO President
                            Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Originally posted by Big Drew View Post
                              Anyone want to demonstrate how to successfully walk across the hooch in non-felt bottom boots without a walking stick and without taking a swim?
                              I think Patrick attempted this today t'ward the end of the Drag Free Drift session. I also seem to recall that he failed miserably.

Glad to hear that your waders stayed dry on the inside, Patrick!

And Buck, it really was a great success by all accounts. Many thanks to you and the BOD for making the Spring Fling and Fall Fling regular events for all us NGTOers. Can we do a Summer Session and a Winter Warm-up as well? Two events a year seems only to whet the appetite when such comradery abounds! (Not to mention, B983 is a master at the pit! I wish I could get him to a parking lot tailgate at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge for an LSU-Arkansas game!)
                              If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

First event for me. Really enjoyed it and the BBQ was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X