Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Spring Fling Drag Free Drift Seminar.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's our current ratio?

Landon, how are we currently sittin' as far as student to mentor ratio on this Drag-queen Free Drift Seminar? I'll be glad to aid as we briefly discussed last night, an' I unnerstan' that DD F will be offerin' hisse'f up as a sacrificial mentor also too.

An' jes' a nuther friendly reminder to ever'body that's participatin':

Y'all be sure an' bring y'alls' PFDs! They ain't an optional accessory!
    (I got one or two extras that I can bring jes' in case, but if'n you own one, bring it with ya!)
    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

[quote=Swamp Angel;690808]Landon, how are we currently sittin' as far as student to mentor ratio on this Drag-queen Free Drift Seminar?

We're pretty close to 2:1 with the addition of you, DDF and and a couple of others. Currently could use a couple more if any one else is interested in volunteering their saturday morning.

Some important info for those attending or mentoring:
      The seminar will begin at 8 AM saturday. I would reccomend getting there around 7:15-7:30 to give you enough time to get waders on and and rod put together.

As it has been stated before: everyone please remember to bring your own life jacket or personal floatation device as it is required for that portion of the chatahoochee. We may have a couple extras but I would not count on it...

Looking forward to saturday. Thanks in advanced to all mentors for donating your saturday morning.
      Can you Quack??

Comment

What if you don't happen to have any waders? I have been looking for some but have found a pair yet.
        Thank you, dear God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. Thank you for the rain. And for the chance to wake up in three hours and go fishing: I thank you for that now, because I won't feel so thankful then. - Garrison Keillor

Team Georgia, Competitive Fly Fishing
        http://flyfishingteamgeorgia.webs.com/
        https://www.facebook.com/Teamgeorgiacff/

Comment

Originally posted by Blueridgeflies View Post
          What if you don't happen to have any waders? I have been looking for some but have found a pair yet.
          Blueridge, I seem to recall from one of your earlier posts that you're in the Snellville area. I picked up a pair at Bass ProShop last year for less than $100. Granted, they ain't 'zackly fashionable, but they are functional. (They're worth it, in despite of the fact that they make me look like a Campbellite preacher traipsin' to the baptistry to dunk somebody that has responded to the invitation.)
          If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

You could conceivably go without them ( I may or may not have done it last year for a similar reason). However, I would say that it is definitely not reccomend it as that water is very cold year round and one dunk could ruin your morning if you don't know where you are stepping...
            Can you Quack??

Comment

Ok, I am definitely familiar with the temperature factor there. I was out wet-wading at settles this past weekend. As well I have done it up in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I will be sure to plan accordingly in case I take one of those unplanned baths.

Swamp angel, Yeah I have seen those and also been looking at something similar at academy sports. Just don't have that much money, mainly from buying hunting and fly fishing stuff I have tried a couple time to get a used pair (ones that were only used a couple times) but I have always gotten beat to the deal. In way of location I am a little to the north of suwanee, I live in the corridor of 20 between lawrenceville and buford. Right now though I work over in snellville(which is why I have been looking at academy sports recently. I pass it on the way to work).
              Last edited by Blueridgeflies; 03-19-12, 09:17 PM.
              Thank you, dear God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. Thank you for the rain. And for the chance to wake up in three hours and go fishing: I thank you for that now, because I won't feel so thankful then. - Garrison Keillor

Team Georgia, Competitive Fly Fishing
              http://flyfishingteamgeorgia.webs.com/
              https://www.facebook.com/Teamgeorgiacff/

Comment

Count me in!

Hi all - I'm brand new to NGTO and to fly fishing. I went out for my first time yesterday with Chris Scalley. I would appreciate the opportunity to participate in this seminar and learn from more experienced folks. I am hoping to have some gear by this Saturday, but might be short of equip. I would appreciate if anyone can help out. Sorry to sound like a mooch on my first post! See you Saturday.

Comment

sign me up if there is still room

thanks

Comment

I hate to back out but we can't be in two places at one time. Please delete rosie and me from the list.

Comment

windblown has committed to be an instructor at the seminar.
                      See you guys there, don't forget your pfd!
                      You guys hear about Roscoe and that chocolate monkey???

Comment

Landon, I will be unable to attend this Sat. my work schedule has been changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Natefish21 View Post
                          Landon, I will be unable to attend this Sat. my work schedule has been changed.
                          Sorry to hear that. Hope you can attend the next one...
                          Can you Quack??

Comment

I went by the hatchery today after buying a new life vest and they were busy cutting the grass and blowing off the sidewalks for the whole event. We really owe these guys a lot! Let's make sure we all thank them for opening up their yard to us!

Comment

drag free drift

not to be at the last min. but sign me up please

Comment

Landon: Wild turkey flyer you can take my place for I am unable to attend the event
                                Jimbo

Comment

Working...
                                X