http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/images/ngto/banners/FernValleyBanner_2014.gif
http://georgia-outdoors.com/images/ngto/banners/2012NovNGTOBanner.gif

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Fall Fling Save the Date for Nov. 3!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rjoiner - See http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/foru...ad.php?t=94920

Suitable for little boys and girls of all ages.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

There is a great kids fishing pond on site with plenty of bluegill and catfish. As well as thousands of trout in various sizes in the holding tanks. The trout are only to look at not fish for. My sons have spent an hour running around feeding the trout and several other hours fishing at the pond.

Plenty to do for young and old.
      I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

rjoiner, there's no formal schedule as yet but the day will go something like this:

7:00 am - the overnight cooking and shenanigans crew begins to stir and make coffee, grumble and generally try to act civilized. They may add a log to the fire. Or not.

7:30 am - the Drag Free Drift Seminarians begin to gather, gear up, sign liability releases, don their PFDs, etc.

7:30 am - At the same time the Fall Fling Setup volunteers arrive to place chairs, tables, etc.

8:00 am-ish - the DFD seminar heads to the river, wearing their PFDs

9:00 am the Fly Tying seminar begins (no PFDs required)

9:30 am - The first lecture begins, most likely by the Georgia Wildlife Resources Division.

10:00 am - Casting games are going on in earnest. Fly tying demos may be taking place as well. Fish tales are being told. Old relationships renewed, new friendships forged, NGTO screen names linked to real names and faces. Raffle tickets sold by the score. The trout raceways splash with trout chow and excited fish. Some child catches a bream or catfish at the kid's fishing pond.

12:00 - Lunch! by Gold Star BBQ, augmented by those wonderful side dishes. (By now the DFD seminar has wrapped up and all return safe and dry. Usually)

1:00 pm - Raffles and door prizes handed out. Iron Skillet Award announced, NGTO Hall of Famers Inducted

2:30 pm Cleanup and put-away.

For details, click these links:

2012 Fall Fling Save the Date!
        Fall 2012 Drag Free Drift Seminar!!
        2012 Fall Fling Activities
        2012 Fall Fling Auction Preview
        2012 Fall Fling Volunteer Sign up
        2012 Fall Fling - Side Dishes and the Iron Skillet Award
        Fall 2012 Fall Fling Grab Bags
        Introduction to Fly Tying at the Fall Fling!
        Buford Trout Hatchery

We'll look forward to seeing you there!

ETA: Most of the fund-raising items will be distributed by raffle, although some will go via silent auction. With the raffle approach, you can buy 12 tickets for $10, 25 for $20, or along those lines. Then you can divide the tickets among several buckets or dump them all into one bucket to increase the chance of winning. And everyone gets one door prize ticket.
        Last edited by Trout8myfly; 10-23-12, 01:20 PM.
        "What's his offense?"
        "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
        ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Please sign me up for the drift seminar. Just started fly fishing somewhat seriously this year though I have tinkered with it for years. I've been lurking around your message boards for a while and picked up a lot of great info. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Comment

UGA Research- Hemlock mortality and affects on trout habitat

I am a student at Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources. I am doing my thesis on hemlock mortality and its affect on trout habitat. I was wondering if it would be fine if i could set up a table with information on the subject and be able to administer a quick 5 minute survey for anyone interested.

Comment

Hi Grey Wolf and welcome to NGTO.

The Board of Directors will need to decide if this is OK, and I'll run it past them in the next couple of days.

Can you provide a copy of the survey? I'll send you a PM with my email address.
              "What's his offense?"
              "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
              ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Working...
              X