Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule of Events! - November 5th Fall Fling

Good Morning NGTO'ers

The air is getting cooler and we are within spittin' distance of our Fall Fling, so I wanted to give everyone a general idea of the events and activities we have planned or thinking about for your enjoyment. The schedule is now locked in (as much as it can be) and looks like we will have cooperating weather, but we wouldn't be fishermen if we weren't optimistic....

Things to do....

0730 - 1030 Drag Free Drift / EN Clinic on the water led by Landon and Big T - recommending that beginners do the DFD first, more experienced folks try the EN clinic. Either Landon or Big T will start the sign up thread for this event, we will try to cap sign ups at 15, but it depends on the number of volunteers we have signed up to help. If you have attended before and improved your fish catching skills, please sign up to help. If you sign up for either - YOU WILL NEED A PFD FOR THE ON THE WATER SEMINAR

0930 - Noon - Confirmed! - Steve Hudson and DH fly-tying - more details to come, but first he needs to make sure he isn't working that day.

1000 - 1100 NEW - Casting Accuracy Clinic - Mark Adams (bonedog) is coming out of retirement to help improve your casting accuracy! Mark is a Certified Casting Instructor and without a doubt will be able to help you improve getting your fly where you want it. Gatorbyte will be his assistant, running errands, fetching stuff, but he is also a CCI and may be able to help you too. Clinic will start at 10:00, but hang around after and get some 1:1 help from The Dude

1000 - 1100 - CONFIRMED - "Is the Hooch fishable?" or how to read the USGS gauges For the Hooch Tailwater by 2fly

1100 - 1200 Big T's Fishing the dam seminar. Nobody has put in more time fishing the dam in the last two years than Big T and he has agreed to share the intimate details of his knowledge.

1200 -1300 Lunch - GOLD STAR BBQ and the Iron Skillet Award for side dishes! You need to eat anyways, so why not make it great BBQ? I am hearing rumors of a highly contested Iron Skillet challenge this year with hints of sabotage and shenanigans...

1300 - 1400 Raffles and Buckets - The list of SWAG is being developed, but always a great opportunity to pick up something you need and support our mission statement

Things to see as you are wandering around.....

- We have had some interesting discussions on the enforcement of trout fishing regulations on the Hooch so I am pleased to announce that RFC Shane Brown will attend the event and be there to talk with the NGTO members. He is the ranger that is assigned to Forsyth County and he works the entire river from Buford Dam to Holcomb Bridge Road. We will also have Bob Cox, The Superintendent of the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area available for any questions you may have with the Parks Service (thanks to bboyd and groundpounder).

- Chattahoochee Media Group will have a table full of their books, if you want to fish for any species of fish in north Georgia, there will be a book there for you.

- Project Healing Waters - by Runner (Mike Popick) and Henry Wolfe - another great organization that helps our veterans! Stop by, support them and help our veterans.

- Fly Tying for Experts - Details still being debated and argued about, but we do plan on having one of our very own members to show us how it is done right

Please check back often as the details are subject to change - hopefully for the better!
    Last edited by bonedog; 11-02-16, 10:33 AM. Reason: Additional info added
    RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Bump!

In case you missed it!
    RScott

Comment

Where will this event be at? Thanks!

Justo

Comment

Originally posted by justofarmin View Post
        Where will this event be at? Thanks!

Justo

At the Buford Trout Hatchery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Trout8myfly; 10-24-16, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to it!
          _yero on instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Trout8myfly View Post
            At the Buford Trout Hatchery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Awesome, thanks!

Comment

I heard the "Dunk the Gatorbyte" event has been discontinued. Say it ain't so.
              The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
                I heard the "Dunk the Gatorbyte" event has been discontinued. Say it ain't so.
                The EPA shut it down Drifter. They said that the dunk tank water would be considered hazardous waste and would require special handling and multiple permits to dispose of.

But there is still lots of fun stuff to do and great food to eat at the Fling, so hoping everyone will come out.
                Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                Simple Goat Herder
                Former NGTO President
                Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Well there goes the adult entertainment.

But lets not forget the kids!!! P˝atagator will be moved ahead to 11:15am and Pin the tail on the Gator will start at 11:30am. The winner gets a one on one twister match with the Byte.
                  Dennis C...""Giving Stripers everywhere a bad day!!""

Comment

Bonedog and I will be teaching a fly casting clinic on improving your accuracy.
                    sigpic
                    ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
                    - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

Bump, because it's been (holy cow!) five days since the last post!

Comment

Buford Trout Hatchery location

Below is the link to the Google Map location for the Buford Trout Hatchery (and which is located in the back of the Chattahoochee River Club subdivision):

https://goo.gl/maps/aoxXu6j5ntj

Comment

Bumpity bump bump....

The schedule is shaping up, all changes will be reflected in the first post so check back often!
                          RScott

Comment

Hey Boo....is this still happening?

Has there been any improvement on the SWAG Raffle Contest?

What about Steve's Tying class? is that happening?

I have been helping some new guys catch fish and have sent them this way hoping y'all could have a positive impact on their fishin'

If they could get their hands on some RScott wooley boogers...that and a shot of whiskey alone, would increase the odds...

Comment

Originally posted by jimboyyy View Post
                              Has there been any improvement on the SWAG Raffle Contest?

What about Steve's Tying class? is that happening?

I have been helping some new guys catch fish and have sent them this way hoping y'all could have a positive impact on their fishin'

If they could get their hands on some RScott wooley boogers...that and a shot of whiskey alone, would increase the odds...
                              Steve is supposed to let me know today, normally I wouldn't wait this long to confirm an activity, but Steve's class is worth it. By tomorrow there will be an updated list of SWAG....
                              RScott

Comment

Working...
                              X