SPRING FLING 2017!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPRING FLING 2017!!!

Yes, it most definitely will be happening. Details will be forthcoming, but mark your calendars for Saturday, April 1st. Expect the return of the Drag Free Drift Clinic headed by our beloved Fishbreath once again. We have a couple interesting seminars coming up as well, headed by "browniez" and "Steve Hudson" respectively.

Steve has, in addition to presenting a fishing seminar, agreed to conduct another of his sought after tying classes. Keep an eye out for the announcement in the near future.

Here's looking forward to another great gathering of us trout bums anglers at the Buford Trout Hatchery in about four weeks!

Stay tuned for updates.
    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Iron Skillet? Did I hear somebody say something about an Iron Skillet award?
    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

This is not a April fools joke is it?
      Instagram https://www.instagram.com/wes.mcelroy/

Comment

Originally posted by WesMac View Post
        This is not a April fools joke is it?
        Not this time.

Comment

I wish I could make it but my spring break doesn't fall under that time
          Alex "Browniez" is a great teacher and was the first to introduce me to fishing the Hooch when I used Conventional tackle, and Steve introduced me to fly fishing at Alpharetta Outfitters during his Fly Fishing 101 class. Hope all the best and please post pictures and highlights after the event!

Comment

I'd like to see a class on setting up and fishing a dry dropper rig

Comment

SIX DAYS!

Six Days until the Spring Fling!
              RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Four Days!
                RScott

Comment

TOMORROW!

The forecast is looking FABULOUS for tomorrow, I hope everyone will come out and join us....

ONE DAY!
                  RScott

Comment

Save Georgia's Hemlocks &amp; TU

Jim Reich of Blue Ridge TU will be representing Save Georgia's Hemlocks at the Spring Fling tomorrow. Stop by and chat with him about what they are doing to try and save one of the north Georgia Mountain's most iconic and important trees for trout streams.

Tagging along with Jim will be Carl Riggs who will be setting up the Trout Unlimited tent representing the Georgia Council of TU. Stop by and chat with Carl. He's a swell guy and happens to be the current president of the Georgia Council.
                    If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Does signing up for the drag free drift clinic allow time for other clinics?
                      In other words how much time do we allow for each.
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ToddR View Post
                        Does signing up for the drag free drift clinic allow time for other clinics?
                        In other words how much time do we allow for each.
                        Thanks
                        The drag free drift (DFD) typically has people leaving at all different times. I've seen people that have attended the DFD come strolling back from the river 4 hours after it started and I've seen them come back an hour later. So it all really depends upon how much time you want actually fishing.

Realistically Landon covers the basics in about 30 minutes, then everyone breaks out into groups to try it first hand with a mentor. Hopefully a few cooperative fish join the group too!

So to answer your question, yes it typically allows time, but if you spend more time on the water then it may cut into a seminar and you may miss a bit.
                        I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Is there any particular equipment Or flys i would need
                          Just learning at this point.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Hey, Todd,

For the Drag Free Drift, you'll need a fly rod, waders (the water's pretty durned cold there), a PFD (life jacket - required by federal law at this location), and a want to catch trout-type fishies.

The gates will open at 0700 (7:00 AM for civilians - or 2 bells for Buck Henry). Arrive in time to suit up in your waders and PFD in order to begin the death march to the water at 0800. (Again, 8:00AM for civilians and four bells for Buck Henry and other naval types.)
                            If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

BRING CHAIRS!!
                              If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Working...
                              X