No announcement yet.

Official Fall Fling - check back often!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Fall Fling - check back often!

Save the date - Saturday November 4th, Buford Fish Hatchery!

We are just under 4 weeks away from our biggest fundraiser of the year and I wanted to get the conversation started. Over the next few weeks we will be meeting with our sponsors and will be assembling the Swag-O-Rama that will be offered as either a bucket raffle or a silent auction.

I can tell you that we will have two really cool items - a custom tying station and a custom bamboo rod that will be offered up, even better is that both items are donated by our members!

Starting about two weeks out we will be posting sign ups for volunteers to help us organize, set up, tear down the event. As an all volunteer organization we will need help to make this event happen, so please fill in if possible.

So, save the date and check back often.

PS - this event is extremely kid friendly so plan on a good half day with the family
    RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

What time does the Fling start at?
    @glennmau

Comment

The Dead Drift Seminar being run by Big T will start at 8 am but those who have signed up for that event should arrive in plenty of time to don gear, rig rods and sign waivers.

Generally, things get going shortly thereafter and run to about 2:00-ish once all the bucket raffles and door prizes have been announced. Keep an eye out for further announcements about seminars and other fun stuff.
      "What's his offense?"
      "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
      ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Thank you!
        @glennmau

Comment

Here's the schedule for last year, just to give you an idea:

http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/foru...d.php?t=111297
          "What's his offense?"

Comment

Just curious what, if any , kids activities might be present. I think my boy, Spencer, would love to see the hatchery trouts, especially the big ones, but not sure at seven he'd sit thru a seminar... We are hoping to swing by, hopefully after the football championships....
            Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Steve - not much in the way of kid specific activities except for playing "Kick Gatorbyte in the Knee" (always a favorite). But if he hasn't been to a Fling, he needs to try it once, at least see the fish and eat some lunch
              RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Originally posted by RScott View Post
                Steve - not much in the way of kid specific activities except for playing "Kick Gatorbyte in the Knee" (always a favorite). But if he hasn't been to a Fling, he needs to try it once, at least see the fish and eat some lunch

Alrighty.
                I'll see what we can make happen

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
                  Just curious what, if any , kids activities might be present. I think my boy, Spencer, would love to see the hatchery trouts, especially the big ones, but not sure at seven he'd sit thru a seminar... We are hoping to swing by, hopefully after the football championships....

There is also a kids fishing pond in the property stocked with catfish and bream or bluegills (canít recall which, or both). You can even borrow kids rods from the Hatchery. Bring bread balls and hot dogs as bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  "What's his offense?"

Comment

Hey
                    Don't be giving away lunch to the fish.

Comment

yo

The long lost fish ace will be in town and making an attendance.
                      "Don't ask God to feed the hungry, when you have plenty of food."

Comment

Sorry y'all, be at a family reunion in Ellijay that weekend. At my age, I'm kind of the patriarch.
                        sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
                        "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

I will be there with the new Old Town Predator PDL if anybody wants to se it.
                          I only envy those who catch more fish than me.-Issac Walton

Comment

Originally posted by Riverpirate View Post
                            I will be there with the new Old Town Predator PDL if anybody wants to se it.
                            Sweet!!! I'm sure there will be a few questions regarding river fishing opportunities if your willing.
                            I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

I'll be there with a truck load of pecan wood for bbq smokers. Several have spoken for some, and I'll have plenty to go around....

Plus, I'll have a pot or 2 of Roosevelt beans.
                              Let's make this a fling to remember!
                              BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                              Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Working...
                              X