Fall Fling 2017 Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Fling 2017 Schedule

We normally like to get this out the weekend before, but football, fishing, NASCAR, deer hunting, jobs and family got in the way this year, so it is late.

***DISCLAIMER*** Times are approximate and subject to Swamp Angel's lack of supervisory skills

7:30 - 10:00 - Drag Free Drift Clinic Big T -(it is still way too dark at 7:00, the late time change this year)

9:00 - 10:30 - Fly Tying 101 Steve Hudson

10:30-11: (or so) Kids Fly tying Steve Hudson - this is a maybe depending on having a couple of kids sign up, but Steve is a sucker for kids so even one will suffice

10:00 - 12:00 Flycasting 101 and Flycasting for accuracy Gatorbyte (Bret Nelson, Certified Casting Instructor) - this is an informal activity, no set start times, sorry we couldn't get Bonedog.

10:30 -11:00 Chattahoochee Riverkeepers - Jason Ulsreth. These are the folks that watch over our favorite river and always worth paying attention to, we are lucky to have them attend this year.

1100-1200 - Randy Vining (riverpirate) Kayak River Fishing “Shoalies are better than trout” (I can't believe I typed this)

12:15 - BBQ Lunch and Iron Skillet contest

12:50 - 1:00 Quick announcements, 2017 NGTO Hall of Fame Awards

1:00 - 2:00 Bucket Raffles / silent auction ends (buckets and silent auction items will be out at 10:00 for viewing and ticket dropping)

We are still looking for volunteers to help set up, clean up pick up trash, so please help out if you can....See you on Saturday!
    RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

I got to get there early enough for some casting lessons.
    I only envy those who catch more fish than me.-Issac Walton

Comment

Originally posted by RScott View Post
      10:30 -11:00 Chattahoochee Riverkeepers - Jason Ulsreth. These are the folks that watch over our favorite river and always worth paying attention to, we are lucky to have them attend this year.

1100-1200 - Randy Vining (riverpirate) Kayak River Fishing “Shoalies are better than trout” (I can't believe I typed this)

CHATTAHOOCHEE RIVER KEEPER

Jason Ulseth has taken over from Sally Bethea as the Chattahoochee River Keeper and he will be doing a presentation about the Hooch that is excellent.

RIVERPIRATE

Randy will also be bringing some of his swell kayaks to show.
      If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Just wondering if there is going to be a Swap table like in the spring ? My in laws just told me they have 2 Sit Inside Kayaks and a Fly tying bench they would like for me to sell.

They're bringing them by tomorrow so I will take pictures and try to post before the Fling if anyone is interested.

Currently, all I know is $200/kayak or both for $350 including paddles. I may just do $175 each, cause I really don't have any place to keep them.
        Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.
        sigpic

Comment

We will be having a swap table, The Eg needs to unload some stuff
          RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

I'll have several packs (Fishpond waist; Sage chest; White River - chest pack) for the Swap Table. If you're interested in an item - I'm sure we can reach a deal.
            Each item is tagged with my contact info and price I am seeking.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!

Comment

I was supposed to be in NY fishing for steelhead, but have decided to stay put and provide some casting instruction. Bring your rod and reel and work on some skills that will improve your catch rate. I will also be doing a intro to casting demonstration and covering the fundamentals of casting.
              sigpic
              ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
              - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

Really looking forward to this. It is a two hour drive for me, but it will be worth it.
                I only envy those who catch more fish than me.-Issac Walton

Comment

BUFORD TROUT HATCHERY

3204 Trout Place Rd, Cumming, GA 30041
                  If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Roosevelt beans are in the oven, just waiting for them to get happy....Truck loaded with pecan wood, not bringing any rods, lines etc., just looking to pass a good time with a bunch of trout bums.

LET'S GET IT ON!
                    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
                      ...just looking to pass a good time with a bunch of trout bums.

LET'S GET IT ON!
                      Notice that Fishnpreacher has learned to speak like a Cajun too. This BOD is getting off to a good start!

It was also a great pleasure to see everyone at the Fling. So many folks to greet again since the previous Fling, and so many lies for me to tell about fish I never caught.

Thanks to all our sponsors, supporters, and members for making NGTO such a great organization.
                      Last edited by Swamp Angel; 11-06-17, 06:31 PM.
                      If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

A fine day indeed. Thanks to all that participated in my casting class. I really enjoyed all of your questions and it always feels good to see people improve. Just keep things simple. Feel free to ask me anything regarding casting. Get out there and practice a little and your time on the water will be more fun.

I'd like to thank all the BoD and volunteers who worked so hard today on the Fling. Well done.
                        sigpic
                        ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
                        - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

Thanks to the Good Lord for providing such a fine day for the Fling. Although the attendance was a little low, I enjoyed this Fling more than any I remember. Thanks to all who worked to make it happen. I think the number of young people was very encouraging, if we could encourage more of the cute young ladies we would probably also be encouraging some young men, the trick would be keeping them focused on fishing.

See you in the spring.
                          Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Another one in the bag. Thank you everyone for making this possible. Everyone who drove from far and wide. Got to fish with Jake from white county, what a wonderfl guy. All the great folks on our BOD.

Big T for the DFD, GatorByte for showing me the fancy Spey Casts and other casts that I thought I had mastered, RScott came and sat down with us younger folks and shared some IF secrets, Swampangel the board could not have picked a better guy at the helm.

Steve Hudson's new book on the hooch looks incredible. Very well written and so much good information there. The food was incredible, I learned what pepper sauce is, or pepper vinegar as they call it Kentucky.

My favorite thing was talking to all the elder folks from a bygone generation, the baby boomers ruined it for you all. They do not make men like you anymore.

All of the Volunteers, the great camaraderie, and Jeff Durniak for putting up with all of us. Can't wait till the next one!
                            We are the music-makers,
                            And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                            Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                            And sitting by desolate streams;
                            World losers and world forsakers,
                            On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

What a great day!

The weather was great and the company was exceptional! The NGTO fling is always a highlight of the fall season, and this one was no exception!

And thanks to the fly tying class participants for doing such a great job with your tying! Those were some fine flies that you tied, and I hope this will be the beginning of something that you'll enjoy for many years to come!

Best,

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X