spring fling 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring fling 2018

Haven't been on the board for a while, but couldn't find this when I looked...do we have a date for the spring fling yet?

TIA,
    Steve
    flowman, aka Steve Hilliard
    President, Oconee River Chapter of TU
    "A lousy day fishing is still a great day."
    http://steveghilliard.com

Well last year it was the first Saturday in April (April 1 to be exact) so you're probably safe in penciling in April 7 this year. Folks smarter than me may be along shortly to clarify.
    "What's his offense?"
    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Originally posted by Trout8myfly View Post
      Well last year it was the first Saturday in April (April 1 to be exact) so you're probably safe in penciling in April 7 this year. Folks smarter than me may be along shortly to clarify.
      Well, trout8myfly is correct that it is usually the first Saturday in April...and after inviting every sponsor, non-profit and government agency we could find at the Fly Fishing Show to that date (I'm not even going to say it again), it sunk in the next day that Sweep The Hooch had moved from the 2nd Saturday of April to that date.

So, the 2018 Spring Fling has been rescheduled for SATURDAY, APRIL 14. The board is trying to do something similar to the ole Trout Primers where we line up as many governmental agency-types, non-profits, as well as all of the NGTO sponsors and supporters.

It should be a good one.
      If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

What time is kickoff?

Comment

The Beginners Fly Fishing Clinic will kick off at 0800 in connection with Georgia Women Flyfishing.

A schedule of the times for seminars/classes offered will be posted shortly.
          Last edited by baldea; 03-15-18, 11:58 AM.
          If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

10-4 Maybe I should get there at 7 for the remedial class and bring my own wigglers

Comment

Originally posted by AllTimeLow View Post
              10-4 Maybe I should get there at 7 for the remedial class and bring my own wigglers
              Still working out logistics of the class(es). Depending upon interests etc. May have one or more going. Stay tuned!!!
              I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baldea View Post
                Still working out logistics of the class(es). Depending upon interests etc. May have one or more going. Stay tuned!!!
                Still planning on it! I'd like to be a diva and just show up to eat and smooze.
                sigpicAKA oldandtreacherous
                "Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37

Comment

Working...
                X