2018 Spring Fling Call for Volunteers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Spring Fling Call for Volunteers

NGTO is a volunteer organization and our Flings are dependent upon Volunteers from the ranks of our NGTO members to fill various roles and make these things happen. With the Fall Fling coming up Saturday (April 14), we'll need just a few brave souls to back us up.

Please look through the following areas and consider whether you may be able to offer up a little of your time at the Fall Fling to ensure it's a great time to be had by all of your fellow trout aficionados.

Saturday morning set-up:
    Set-up usually begins around 8:30. We'll need a few folks to help get the tables and chairs set up prior to the official opening of the fling at 10:00AM. With a good crew, this takes about thirty minutes.

1. Swamp Angel
    2. Trout "R"
    3. Sighter
    4. Lumis

Food support crew:
    This group will aid with the food preparations by setting up the serving tables prior to serving lunch to the masses. The heaviest workload occurs between 11:00 and noon, and it can get a bit frenzied and hectic. This is one that is of utmost importance since fed fishermen are happy fishermen.

Tear down and clean-up:
    After the Fling has drawn to a close, we'll need a few hardy souls to help us collect and bag the trash, and fold the tables return them to their storage place or stack them for pick-up. A good team can have this done in about 45 minutes.

1. Swamp Angel
    2. Trout "R"
    3. erikclymore
    4.JakeAllenRobinson88
    5. HILLIS LANIER

Parking:
    Of utmost importance since parked vehicles must not impede the flow of traffic into the hatchery or access to the service road or raceways where the trout are kept. This can be challenging when you consider that many of our fellow fishermen who will be attending are the same folks you cuss at when driving around Atlanta. Here's your chance to literally put 'em in their place.
    With enough volunteers here, no one on this team should have to be on their feet for more than 30 minutes at a time.

1. Swamp Angel
    2. Buck Henry
    Last edited by Swamp Angel; 04-10-18, 08:19 AM.
    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Swamp Angel
    Put me down for set up tear down.
    But you can not be wearing that dang LSU cap!!!
    "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Originally posted by Trout "R" View Post
      Swamp Angel. . . you can not be wearing that dang LSU cap!!!
      I HAVE to wear an LSU cap at some point during the day. I have two stunningly beautiful ones that were bestowed upon me by NGTO's "Twitter-meister" at the Fall Fling! I think it shall be the purple "Eye of the Tiger" logo this time. (However, I'll keep another cap on hand that's less offensive to those whose eyes can't bear all the gaudy beauty of such sartorial eloquence.)
      If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Put me down for Set up Swamp Angel! See y'all there

Comment

I can join the setup as well. If we're finished in 30 minutes, that's just Ón time for the popper tying class.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumis View Post
            I can join the setup as well. If we're finished in 30 minutes, that's just Ón time for the popper tying class.
            I'll make you the promise - you will NOT be late for the popper tying class!

Comment

I’ll stay late and help tear down.
              Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Iíll help set-up and tear down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Swamp, I will manage parking on Saturday morning so you will be free to do more important presidential stuff. I have deep experience in this role and as you know, I judge people by the car they drive.
                  Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                  Simple Goat Herder
                  Former NGTO President
                  Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I can help with tear down.
                    "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                      Hey Swamp, I will manage parking on Saturday morning so you will be free to do more important presidential stuff. I have deep experience in this role and as you know, I judge people by the car they drive.
                      Make space as Terry Creech will be in the house. Due to his health issues of late he needs a good parking spot. Don't Bob Ueker him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPh4iF76LbU
                      If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Originally posted by THE EG View Post
                        Make space as Terry Creech will be in the house. Due to his health issues of late he needs a good parking spot. Don't Bob Ueker him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPh4iF76LbU
                        I always reserve some choice up close spots for our more senior members, folks with health issues, and disabled veterans.
                        Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                        Simple Goat Herder
                        Former NGTO President
                        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Working...
                        X