Fall Fling 2018 Raffle and Auction Items

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Fling 2018 Raffle and Auction Items

So it's right around the corner and you won't want to miss out on this one.

Here are a few items I will be bringing for the auctions and raffles.

Grab bags of tying materials loaded with new stuff:

New in the box RIO nymphing lines:

A new Sage 2250 Reel and a Big T Fly Fishing Large Arbor Reel:

A new awesome small stream 6'6" 4 section 2 weight with rod sock and graphite tube:

A slightly used (maybe 10 times) TFO 8'6" 3 weight - Professional II series paired with a Reddington Zero reel spooled with backing and Scientific Angler sharkwave line. Rod sock and reel case included:

Look for more exciting stuff to be posted along the way!
    http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Can’t wait.....10 days away!
    I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Next up from Dave Edens. Dave is a saltwater captain down on the Georgia coast that fishes mostly for shallow water species such as redfish, trout flounder, bluefish and at certain times of the year targets tripletails, large jack crevalle and even tarpon.

Capt Dave can be reached at Fly Cast Charters of St. Simons Island, GA. http://flycastcharters.com/

Capt Dave is sending a half-day guided trip and the following bling:

A 6’6” 4 piece moderate action graphite rod perfect for blue lines in north Georgia

Capt Dave is also sending various fly fishing accessories:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by THE EG; 10-24-18, 12:08 PM.
      If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

People may have forgotten, but Capt Dave once lived in North Carolina, and he is a top notch rod builder. Some serious goodies so far!
        BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
        Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

This next contribution comes from Henry Cowen, the premier striper fly fishing guide on Lake Lanier. He’ll also do light tackle spin if you prefer. Henry being a striper guide, has donated a Reddington 9’ 8wt rod/reel combo complete with backing, fly line and leader. You can reach Henry at “Henry Cowen Quality Flies & Guide Service” at www.henrycowenflyfishing.com.

Comment

These are some awesome contributions. Thanks to all the contributors!

Comment

So what time does the fling start? Can't find a simple

What
              When
              Where

"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
              -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
                So what time does the fling start? Can't find a simple

What
                When
                Where
                Thanks. I'll post a thread to that effect to take care of that this afternoon. But it will be at the Buford Trout hatchery Saturday, November 3rd. BBQ will be at noon. Actions and raffles will begin in the morning and drawings will end around 1:00pm or so. We have Tim Rainey of the Corp of Engineers lined up to speak in the morning and are presently seeing if we can line up so other speakers.

If you are thinking of coming. I'll bet folks would like to see your DIY driftboat in person.

Comment

I've got another commitment that day so I'm trying to see if I can swing both. Otherwise I'd bring the boat and try to convert someone into a sucker, I mean wooden boat afficianado

"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
                  -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

So much good stuff up for grabs: I really like the looks of that bluelining rod and reel....

Hopefully I won't be able to make the am, because that'll mean that Spencer's PeeWee football team has won their second playoff game and our third would be scheduled for Nov 3 at 9am. I will try to swing by for the BBQ, to chat, and hopefully win something (probably won't), but I don't think I will be there for any clinics or anything cool like that.

Big T - huge apology: I know I told you I could help with the dragfree clinic, but playoffs got extended and whatnot.

Comment

Here is one for the bucket list if you haven't done it - if you have done it you will want to bid on this guaranteed!

Comment

River Otter Pontoon Boat from Reel em In Guide Service

OK, here is another cool donation. This one comes from our good friend James Bradley, owner and head-honcho of Reel em In Guide service. James and his team of guides are as good as it gets and they know north Georgia trout water like nobody's business! Whether you are looking for a float trip down the Toccoa, a guided blue line trip, or a trip to the best private water streams in the state, call James and he will hook you up!

https://reeleminguideservice.com/

OK, shameless plug is over, now on to the donation. James has donated a River Otter pontoon boat made by Watter Otter, Inc. The boat is used and out of warranty, but James said it has plenty of good years left in it! These are serious pontoon boats and definitely not a cheapo. And best of all, the thing packs up in a bag no bigger than a full size suitcase and weighs only 35 pounds.

The boat is all packed up in it's storage duffel bag, but here is a stock picture of the boat and some specs:

The Water Otter® is a one-person craft has a unique design that allows you to control the boat with either your feet and flippers or the oarlock system. It’s The Water Otter’s oar system that allows you to quickly cover greater distances with superior control, still giving you the ability to stow the oars and have your hands free for fishing while you control the craft with your flippers. Wide base with plenty of pontoon surface in the water and the fact that the pilot sits higher for excellent visibility, makes this a superior lake boat with superior wind resistance. Features 12″ diameter by 8′ long heat welded pontoons utilizing quick release straps for attachment to the frame. A comfortable float with either the adjustable molded seat or the soft seat.

Extremely maneuverable and easy to transport
                        Unbelievably stable
                        Can be inflated and assembled in minutes
                        Straddles rocks and obstructions with high visibility
                        Adjustable seat, (9″ front to rear,)with foot rest and cup holder
                        Hands always free for fishing
                        6′ Carlisle breakdown oars w/adjustable oarlocks
                        Rear cargo area, generous stripping area
                        Square 1″ aluminum frame construction
                        Lightweight yet strong
                        No tools needed for assembly/disassembly
                        Hassle-free PVC pontoons-NO bladders, NO zippers
                        A breeze to transport
                        Corrosion resistant parts
                        All parts are replaceable
                        Extremely versatile
                        • River Otter Basic Frame, Foot Braces & Pontoons
                        • Oarlock System W/Oars
                        • Seat
                        • Rear Cargo Basket
                        • Inflation Pump

James also included the following accessories:
                        • Storage Duffel Bag
                        • Extra oar locks
                        • stripping apron
                        • rod holder
                        • anchor system (but you will need to buy some new rope and an anchor as James said he accidentally deposited his in the Toccoa somewhere. )

I had lunch today with James when I picked up the boat and he is one super nice guy and someone you definitely will want to do business with! Thanks a ton James for the donation!
                        Last edited by Buck Henry; 10-28-18, 07:02 AM.
                        Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                        Simple Goat Herder
                        Former NGTO President
                        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Just curious: are raffles and auction tickets sold all day?
                          I won't be able to make it until after Spencer's team won their second playoff game with a decisive 31-13 score. That means we play again in the semi finals this conning Saturday morning. I'll be late to the fling, but might wanna get in on some raffle /auction action.

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
                            Just curious: are raffles and auction tickets sold all day?
                            I won't be able to make it until after Spencer's team won their second playoff game with a decisive 31-13 score. That means we play again in the semi finals this conning Saturday morning. I'll be late to the fling, but might wanna get in on some raffle /auction action.
                            The silent auction / bucket raffles are typically open until right after lunch is over (no hard set time, but probably around 1:00 pm -ish). We then have a semi-dramatic countdown where folks are running around making their final bids on stuff they really want to win. Once the gavel goes down, that is it, no more bidding or putting tickets in buckets. We then commence awarding prizes.

So if you can be there before lunch, you will be good.
                            Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                            Simple Goat Herder
                            Former NGTO President
                            Hall of Fame Member

Comment

From our awesome sponsors at Alpharetta Outfitters:

- A Reddington Crosswater 9 foot 5 weight combo outfit with rod, reel, line and case included.

- Yeti Rambler 64 oz. Bottle!

- Vedavoo Hand Crafted built in the USA sling!

- Four, count them, four gift cards!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X