2018 FALL FLING RECAP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 FALL FLING RECAP

Well another Fling is in the books. I’m estimating we had about 80-90 people in attendance. First and foremost thank you to everyone who attended the Fling Saturday. It was nice to put a few newer names with some faces, reconnect with those who I haven’t fished with in way too long and to generally hang out with fellow trout bums.

I’m going to apologize in advance if I miss thanking someone directly or omitting someone but I’m a year older and going from memory.

First a big thank you to all the members who helped setup and break everything down. Without your help we couldn’t have pulled it off.

Thank you to Swamp Angle for piloting our NGTO ship. Your countless dedication isn’t conveyed and you don’t get enough thank you’s!!!!

Thank you to Tim Raney with the Corp of Engineers for joining us and speaking with our members.

Thank you to Bill aka The EG for taking the initiative to get the barbecue to feed the masses.

Thank you to Bill aka Fishin Preacher for leading us in prayer and running the Iron Skillet and congratulations to Trout R for winning this coveted honor.

Thank you to John aka Sighter for taking many of photos of this event.

Jamie aka Da Da’s Fishing for being our IT guru. Hopefully he’ll chime in and give us a recap of our exciting board upgrades that are coming.

Pat aka Superchub for keeping me focused and the always appreciated advice. And the donation of a couple Japanese Maples.

George aka Troutatemyfly for the donation of a float tube for the raffle items.

And most importantly a HUGE THANK YOU to our sponsors and supporters.... without you we’d all be playing golf or tennis! All I can say is WOW, each and every year your donations surprise me. The Fish Hawk, Capt. Dave Edens with Fly Cast Charters, Henry Cowan, Alpharetta Outfitters, James Bradley with Reel em In Guide Service, Big T, Glad and Marty with Fern Valley, Becky and David Hulsey with Noontootla Creek Farms, Steve Hudson, Scott Swartz and Mack Martin with Atlanta Fly Fishing School and Jimmy Harris with Unicoi Outfitters.

Thank you to the staff at the Buford Trout Hatchery for letting us host the event there every year. Next time we have to coordinate the raffle prizes and the hatchery tour a little better. It’s important for us all to see how much time and effort they put into raising those fish that we like to chase.

I’d also like to thank all of the current and prior Board of Directors. Your relentless dedication to this sport and NGTO cannot be put into words. Even if you were not able to attend this year, the paths you have paved has given us a roadmap of where NGTO has been and where we are going. Being part of the BOD is something that shouldn’t be taken lightly and your assistance, knowledge and experience will be called upon long after you may have turned in your official title of BOD member.

And finally a tip of the hat to Don aka Windknot who officially stepped down as a board member at the Fling. Don has been the man for many of years coordinating with the various government agencies that we interact with thru NGTO. His knowledge cannot be replaced, but Randy aka Trout R has generously accepted the position to fill Don’s shoes. Don’t think your getting away scott free Windknot as we will still be calling on your knowledge to help us thru what is on the horizon.

Also congratulations to all the winners of the various silent auction items and bucket raffles. I know you’ll thoroughly enjoy the trips and equipment that our members and sponsor have donated to help keep our passion glowing strong.

Here is to a great DH season. May your lines be tight with a nice trout, Striper or whatever quarry you may be chasing.

Keep your eyes open also for a save the date for the Spring Fling!
    Last edited by baldea; 11-05-18, 02:42 PM.
    I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Sorry I was not able to make it to park cars this year. I wanted to keep our "zero parking related fatalities" record going. Hopefully nobody got run over in my absence.
    Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Fall Fling

I also want to say THANK YOU to all of our sponsors. You folks put extra fun in the fling with the prizes you donate. All enjoys putting tickets in the buckets in hope of winning great prizes and the silent auction for prizes just draws you in. It just make for more excitement.

The Fling is great fun and THANKS to all who work to make it happen each year. I look to each Fling.

Comment

Thanks to everyone involved. Great event. Great time.

Comment

1st time attending

Great event. Really good to meet and put name with faces... especially enjoyed speaking with Swamp Angle ... a fellow Mountaineer

Comment

Working...
          X