Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back The Brookie Contribution

Good evening all,

As you know, NGTO has been a proud and ongoing supporter of Trout Unlimited's Back the Brookie stream restoration program. I am pleased to announce that NGTO has made another sizeable contribution to the 2011 Back the Brookie program. I cannot think of a more important cause to support than the restoration and enhancement of Brook Trout habitat in north Georgia. I just received the below letter from Kevin McGrath, who is the Chairman of the BTB program and wanted to share it with you.

Please trust that Kevin and his team will be putting your NGTO contributions to very good use! And a quick plug for any of you that might be interested in applying for one of the BTB program's internship positions, now is the time to be sending in your application! Here is a link for more information and the application form for those interested in applying. http://georgiatu.org/files/documents...011_Intern.pdf.

So a huge thanks to Kevin McGrath and his team for doing such an amazing job with the BTB program, and a huge thanks to all of you for your contributions to NGTO which allow us to support this very important program.

February 10, 2011
    Clark Rogers
    President
    North Georgia Trout Online

Dear Clark:

Thank you for North Georgia Trout Online’s generous contribution of $1000.00 to our intern program. All of Georgia’s Eastern Brook Trout Joint Venture (EBTJV) Stakeholders – Georgia DNR, USFS Chattahoochee National Forest and Georgia Trout Unlimited Back-the-Brookie appreciate your support. Support, like this, over the past several years has been a key factor in our success.

The combined support of Trout Unlimited Chapters, the Atlanta Fly Fishing Club, Georgia Women Flyfishers and North Georgia Trout Online will enable us to field an intern team this summer. In 2011, interns will be evaluating the impact of enhancement and restoration projects from previous years. The Interns will also be supporting scheduled chapter workdays on a host of important Brook Trout streams in north Georgia.

We look forward to another year protecting, enhancing and restoring brook trout throughout North Georgia and sharing our success with you.

Regards,

Kevin F. McGrath
    Chairman, Back-the-Brookie, Georgia Council of Trout Unlimited

Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Brookie Interns and Workdays

We hope that some of you will apply for this summer's brook trout intern program or join us this summer on brook trout stream work days.

Click here for the Intern Prorgam Announcement.

More to follow later on the workdays.

Thanks again,

Hook
    Kevin F. McGrath
    Chairman
    Georgia Trout Unlimited Back-the-Brookie
    Regards,

Hook
    Kevin McGrath

Comment

I like it!

I'm very glad to be part of a community that can do something like this. I think this is a great program that will not only gives our future fisheries biologist a head start with practical application of what they are learning, but hopefully help instill in them a deep love of the beautiful resources they will one day be responsible for or strengthen a love and commitment they already possess.

Hook, the only announcements for work days I have noticed in the past couple of years were for Water's and I think, maybe Smith's. How will we know when a work day is coming up?
      "To be is to do." - Aristotle
      "To do is to be." - Niche
      "Do do be de do be de do.." - Sinatra

Comment

Brook Trout Stream Projects

Sorry that you have missed the announcements posted on NGTO over the past few years.

2011's projects and POC's are:You do not have to be a TU member to participate but a great way to keep informed is to join and become active in a local Trout Unlimited Chapter. Find one here.

Regards,

Hook
        Kevin F. McGrath
        Chairman, Back-the-Brookie, Georgia Council of Trout Unlimited
        Regards,

Hook
        Kevin McGrath

Comment

BTTT

Just another reminder about the Intern Program for any of our students who might be considering a Fisheries career!!!

http://georgiatu.org/files/documents...011_Intern.pdf

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

Thanks

NGTO's monetary support for BTB is fantastic, and the NGTO volunteers on workdays substantially add to the amount of stream enhancement that gets done. Each additional worker can contribute to the success of the workday. Thanks to each and every one of you who participates, and it is a privilege for TU to have such a great partner in NGTO for the benefit of the trout waters in N. Ga.

Comment

Working...
            X