No announcement yet.

Win a Nacoocheee Bend Fishing Trip!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little update on ticket sales. So far, 31 Members have purchased 84 tickets. I am preparing the technical equipment (shoebox) for drawing the winner in the morning. Only 6 folks provided their NGTO Message Board name with payment, and I recognize a few others by past association, so we may be operating on real names here. Still plenty of time for PayPal payments. Deadline tonight at 12:00. Good luck to all.

Comment

jack... just tossed in 10bucks worth.

Comment

I am assuming the drawing will be cell cast using Skype and then immediately uploaded to youtube and certified by KPMG as certified honest so there is no assumption of shenanigans for whoever the winner is.....
        There are no shortcuts to any place worth going--Beverly Sills

Comment

Originally posted by mwmclaughlin1908 View Post
          I am assuming the drawing will be cell cast using Skype and then immediately uploaded to youtube and certified by KPMG as certified honest so there is no assumption of shenanigans for whoever the winner is.....
          Almost... Jack's wife will reach into a shoe box and pull out a name and then Jack will send me a PM informing me of the lucky winner.

PS: I do need to mention that just like with the Fling raffles, some of the BOD members have donated money for a chance to win this trip (but not Jack or I this time). Trust that the drawing will be done completely fair and square (the only way Jack knows how to operate folks), so please no screaming "rigged" if one of them happens to win.

Still time for folks to enter; shoot us your $5 donation via Paypal before midnight and you are in the running!
          Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
          Simple Goat Herder
          Former NGTO President
          Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Ok folks--- getting close to the deadline. I have just finished placing 86 chances from 32 members in the box. Each an identical size piece of paper, each folded in precisely the same manner, each with a name on it. I'm reaching in and stirring & fluffing them every 15 or 20 minutes. After percolating over night, tomorrow probably around 8:45 AM I will have my lovely reach in and withdraw the lucky winner. I will PM the winners info to Buck and he will post the winner. At the moment $430 has been raised for a very worthy cause. I will continue to monitor PayPal for any further payments prior to Mid-Night. Sincere thanks to everyone that has participated and good luck in the drawing.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=angi1vwUkQc&feature=player_detailpage"]YouTube - ‪Classic Movie Line #51‬‏[/ame]
              "What's his offense?"
              "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
              ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

We have a Winner!

Well folks, we have a winner! With 86 names in the hat representing 32 NGTO members, our esteemed CFO and his lovely assistant selected the winner of the 1/2 day guided fishing trip at Nacoochee Bend. But before I announce the winner's name, I wanted to once again say a sincere thank you to the following:
                • the NGTO member who donated this trip (a great supporter who always wishes to remain annonomous)
                • Jimmy Harris and Unicoi Outfitters for providing the trip donation in the first place!
                • Julian Byrd for agreeing to guide the winner for free!
                • Everyone who donated funds for a chance to win the trip
                • The Georgia Casting for Recovery Team who will be the recipient of all funds raised from this raffle
                • The Ole Man for doing all the leg work in making this raffle such a success
                • Al Gore for inventing the internet so that we could conduct this online / virtual raffle
                • My Mother and Father; thanks for not killing me when I deserved it.
                Well, I think that covers all of the necessary and requisite thanks yous! Now on to the winner of the trip...........................drum roll please............................................ .......the suspense is just killing me!..........................................

The winner of the guided Nacoochee Bend fishing trip is

Dan Adams; also known as Gillseeker!

Congrats Dan and thanks for your support! I will mail the trip certificate off to you ASAP!

Thanks again everyone, this really was a lot of fun
                Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                Simple Goat Herder
                Former NGTO President
                Hall of Fame Member

Comment

congrats dan

Comment

thank goodness that's over, I couldn't even sleep last night
                    to Mr G, you lucky WOOF!
                    " Is it ignorance or is it apathy?
                    Hey man I don't know and I don't care" Jimmy Buffet

Comment

Thanks to all of you who donated to this noble cause! I have been a member of NGTO for many years and I have met some wonderful fishermen. Thanks to Buck for his leadership. I'd rather have an anal probe by a kinky alien than to be the president of NGTO. It's a lot of work with very little thanks and zero pay.

To all of you who have never had a chance to fish up on Jimmy Harris' little slice of Heaven, I urge you to spend a few bucks and take the trip. It is absolutely the best value as far as trophy waters I have ver even heard of. Where else can you catch a 10lb rainbow trout in a stadium like setting? I have heard the cheers from the deck at Nora Mill as I was fighting one of Leroy Brown's cousins and I cannot wait to hear it again. I have come away from there with my arms so tired that I could barely take my waders off.

I learned high sticking from Jimmy there and we fine tuned that training at Frog Hollow which was the highlight of my fishing life. Everyone I meet who is getting into our wonderful sport I have steered towards Unicoi Outfitters and told them that they have to fish Nacoochee Bend. One trip and you will be hooked for life.

Also, thanks to NGTO for donating the proceeds of this raffle to Georgia Casting for Recovery. In 1984, the most beautiful woman the world has ever seen was lost to breast cancer. My grandmother, Mary Jones Dominey, was a USO girl and a model for Macy's and she was like a movie star. She was the person who put a fly rod in my hand for the first time. My grandparents had a farm at the end of Ebeneezer Road in Roswell and it had a 35 acre lake filled with the largest bluegills I have ever seen. We would wake up in the morning and get a fresh battery out of the charging box and patrol the shores with our fiberglass 10' rods with Martin Automatics and get a mess of bream for lunch. We would clean them together by the lake and feed the innards to the turtles. Boys and girls, I am getting teary eyed just typing this because she was my first fishing buddy and thinking of someone so beautiful with fish guts on their hands is such a wonderful memory for this man to have of his grandmother.

Thanks again and I look forward to fishing with Julian and making more fishing memories.
                      There are two types of snakes: Chickensnakes and Cobras. If it ain't got a chicken in it's mouth, it's a cobra.

Comment

Congrats Dan and thanks for the beautiful memories, she sounds like an amazing woman, and you were blessed to have her in your life!

Comment

that is awesome. congrats Gillseeker and thanks to the BOD and all the contributors and volunteers of time, money and efforts to a worthy cause. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 22 years old and my mother is a 3 time survivor who I think will outlive me at this point and any contribution to cancer research is a worthy and noble donation. Thanks to all that made this fun to participate in.
                          There are no shortcuts to any place worth going--Beverly Sills

Comment

Good deal! Glad to see the support and enthusiasm towards this cause.

I have a step-mother and 1st cousin who are cancer survivers and another close family member currentlygoing through chemo with a ver good prognosis.

Gillseeker, check your messages, i'll send you some contact info to talk about your trip.

Later,

J Byrd
                            "All things being equal, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one."
                            -Occam's Razor

Comment

Working...
                            X