Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win a Nacoocheee Bend Fishing Trip!

Hey gang

An NGTO member (who is very humble and wishes to remain anonomous) has donated a 1/2 day unguided fishing trip at Nacoochee Bend up in Helen, GA. He received this trip from Unicoi Outfitters but decided he would prefer to pass it on to us to help us raise some funds. BTW, Jimmy Harris is in the loop on this and said we had his blessings to use this member's trip to raise some funds! Anyway, rather than just do a "highest bidder" type online auction, we decided to try something different with this one. We are going to let members donate $5.00 bucks to NGTO for a shot at winning the trip. Here are the details:
    • Each $5.00 donation gets your name thrown into a hat (i.e if you donate $5 bucks, you get one shot at winning. $15 bucks, you get three shots at winning, etc).
    • You can donate via two methods: via our convenient $5 dollar Paypal donation link, or sending in a check. Here is a link to our donation page with links to Paypal and the address to mail checks to: http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/ngto/join.html#donate
    • Remember to include your NGTO screen name and contact info when sending in your donation so we can contact you when you win the trip!
    The contest starts as soon as I post this thread, and will run for 10 days and end at midnight on June 29th. Any donations received after midnight on June 29th will not count towards the contest. So if you plan to donate via a check, make sure you get it in the mail in time to beat the deadline! On June 30th, our esteemed CFO (the ole man) will put all the names in a hat and his lovely and impartial wife will draw out the winning name. So, if you want a shot at winning a half day trip fishing for big / huge trout up in Helen, here is your chance!

I would like to personally thank the NGTO member who donated this trip certificate and also to Jimmy Harris and Unicoi Outfitters for all they do to support us here at NGTO. So don't delay, get those $5 dollar donations in by June 29th and I wish you the best of luck in winning the trip!
    Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Any prize for first donation? Either way what a great opportunity to support a great community.
    "Do not burn yourself out. Be as I am-a reluctant enthusiast... a part time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure."
    Ed
    "Cause we're all in this together, And we love to take a bath."
    Mr. Anastasio

Comment

Trip is Now a Guided Trip!

OK folks, this trip just got even better! Our own Julian Byrd has offered to guide the winner for free! Julian knows the Bend well and will make the winner's day on the water that much more memorable. Many thanks to Julian for donating his time and talents to this fund raising effort.

Don't delay folks, send in your $5 bucks asap for a chance to win this great (and now guided) fishing trip at Nacoochee Bend in Helen.

Buck Henry
      Simple Goat Herder
      Former NGTO President
      Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Just sent my donation! Was I supposed to specify that it was for the drawing or will y'all just figure it out? I've really been wanting to go to Nacoochee Bend; maybe I'll get lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by Truittsosebee View Post
          Just sent my donation! Was I supposed to specify that it was for the drawing or will y'all just figure it out? I've really been wanting to go to Nacoochee Bend; maybe I'll get lucky!
          No worries Truitt; any donations received between today and June 29th will be included in the raffle drawing. Thanks so much for your support!

Buck Henry
          Simple Goat Herder
          Former NGTO President
          Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Woo Hoo! On the way.
            "To be is to do." - Aristotle
            "To do is to be." - Niche
            "Do do be de do be de do.." - Sinatra

Comment

Done! Fingers crossed nm.

this is here to keep the board happy.
              Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

Hey Buck, just curious, is there a time limit on when the trip must be booked and used? I live in N FLA and get to the NGA mountains 2-3 times a year as the real world and wife permit. If I win this, not that I would How long is the certificate good for? donating either way just wanna know.

Fisher Of Trees
                There are no shortcuts to any place worth going--Beverly Sills

Comment

Originally posted by mwmclaughlin1908 View Post
                  Hey Buck, just curious, is there a time limit on when the trip must be booked and used? I live in N FLA and get to the NGA mountains 2-3 times a year as the real world and wife permit. If I win this, not that I would How long is the certificate good for? donating either way just wanna know.

Fisher Of Trees
                  Good question Michael! Jimmy Harris of UO has confirmed that the trip certificates for Nacoochee Bend do not expire. But you must call in advance to let them know when you are coming so they can reserve you a section of the river.

Buck Henry
                  Simple Goat Herder
                  Former NGTO President
                  Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Look for a check from me, directly from Wells Fargo. x5
                    "What's his offense?"
                    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

I just did a ten spot. Somebody better warn Leroy Brown that Gillseeker is coming.
                      There are two types of snakes: Chickensnakes and Cobras. If it ain't got a chicken in it's mouth, it's a cobra.

Comment

$10 spot from me as well! Maybe I'll win and give the trout a day off from the threat of being caught!

Comment

put me down for two! Hope I win!

Comment

Sent $10.00 via Pay-Pal today.

Joe

Comment

The winning $10 was just sent your way!!

Comment

Working...
                              X