A Special Thanks to "The Ole Man"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Special Thanks to "The Ole Man"

From the very first days of the inception of NGTO, back before it had Non-Profit status and was just a message board about trout fishing Georgia, Jack "The Ole Man" Edwards had a hand in guiding the future of NGTO. He has always been full of great advice as well as offering up some poignant "witticisms"

Jack became the Treasurer of NGTO from the onset of the Non-Profit status. He always kept things in balance as well as obtaining grants from other groups to further the cause of the NGTO Mission.

When Jack decided it was time to pass the financial torch and step down from the duties as treasurer, he did not want to be "awarded" for the service he had given so freely. Thank goodness the BOD did not listen to his stubborn request They commissioned Todd "Groundpounder" Arnold to sculpt one of his beautiful stainless creations in the form of a trout to present to Jack to show their thanks for an awesome job well done.

For me, the best thing that NGTO brought me, is the friendship of Jack Edwards.

I was glad to be there as he was recognized for his years of service and dedication to a group that he believes in with great passion.

I raise a glass to you my friend for your dedication and service.

"Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm having a real good time like I am."

Jack with the sculptor Todd Arnold

"Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm having a real good time like I am."

Comment

A closeup of Todd's awesome craftsmanship and artisan skills.

Comment

Originally posted by GregLS View Post
        For me, the best thing that NGTO brought me, is the friendship of Jack Edwards.
        It is my guess that this could be said by many. I know it holds true for me and it is an honor to call Jack a friend. Congratulations for a job well done.
        Last edited by cucarachafly; 04-06-14, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Behind every great organization is a quiet, humble, and honorable accountant.

That sculpture is a fitting tribute to a true pillar of this organization. When I was Prez, I always took great comfort in knowing that Jack was taking care of our finances. He also kept me out of trouble by making sure we always submitted our non-profit paperwork on time!

Love you Jack and congrats again!
          Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
          Simple Goat Herder
          Former NGTO President
          Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I know Jack!

Great job Jack! We can't say "thanks" enough.

I think all of us who know Jack have learned something about our great sport from him. I, for one have broaden my fly-tying skills at the behest of The Ole man. Under his tutelage, I began tying large flies such as Clousers and Deceivers....my favorite kind of tying now.

I'm proud to say, "I know Jack".
            The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

I, too, am proud to call Jack my friend. His wisdom and humor helped guide NGTO thru some very murky waters, and his integrity always meant your donations were in good, capable hands. It has been a pleasure to know and work with Jack. It is comforting to have him on the NGTO Advisory Council.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

The "Ole Man"

Jack, It's been my pleasure knowing you. Thanks for your contributions to NGTO. TRW

Comment

Jack has kept us on solid footing more than most folks know, and not just financially. He has helped to make NGTO a terrific resource through vision, persistence and execution.

Here's to you Jack!
                  "What's his offense?"
                  "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                  ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen Jack not smiling. Your ability to recall vast amounts of information down to the fine details still amazes me.

The recognition and award was well deserved for all you have done and still do for NGTO.

I am proud to call you a friend.

Thanks Jack !
                    Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.
                    sigpic

Comment

Jack, I count it a privilege to know you and to call you my friend. Thanks for the leadership and guidance of NGTO, as well as the personal support Lynn and I received. God's best to you!
                      BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                      Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

That is very nice and well deserved.

Comment

Jack thanks for the dedication my friend...
                          dink
                          Some fishermen see no fish and foolishly
                          believe that the river is empty.
                          Henry Van Dyke

Comment

I know I'm late to join the show in thanking Jack for all his years of service and dedication to the cause. The office of treasurer/comptroller/funds manager/accountant/ whatever else you wish to call it is the most demanding because it calls for accuracy and perfection, and being a 501(c)(3) organization, there's a lot of government red tape to deal with.

Jack, you performed admirably, consistently, and tirelessly for many years. Thanks for being one of the footings of the foundation upon which NGTO was built.
                            If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Here here! I too am proud to have Jack as a friend and it's been FAR too long since I've seen his face. Jack - you gotta get down here and pay me a visit!
                              www.georgiafishingbooks.com
                              Instant Help for Georgia Anglers

Twitter: http://twitter.com/fishingbooks

Comment

Working...
                              X