No announcement yet.

PSA: Should The NGTO Website Go Down...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Should The NGTO Website Go Down...

Drifter made a good point recently. It hasn't happened in quite a while (props to the IT guys) but if NGTO should get shut down for some unforeseen reason, you should be able to go to the "North Georgia Trout Online (NGTO)" Facebook page and hopefully there will be updates there.

That does assume you can access Facebook.

This has been a Public Service Announcement.
    If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

PSA: Should The NGTO Website Go Down...

There's a Facebook page?

Okay....simple enough. If the site crashes....tune in to the FB page for further direction.

Thank you EG.
    The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Yes there is a NGTO Facebook Page.
      "What's his offense?"
      "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
      ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

What is Facebook?
        sigpic
        ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
        - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

As EG said, the NGTO site does not go dark often but it has happened on occasion. I encourage everyone to go out and "Like" the NGTO Facebook page so that in the event of a site outage, we can use it to keep everyone up to date on site restoration efforts, event updates, how many cans of SPAM Gatorbyte has ingested that day, etc.
          Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
          Simple Goat Herder
          Former NGTO President
          Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Is this a challenge?
            I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

What? Clark is on Facebook?

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
              As EG said, the NGTO site does not go dark often but it has happened on occasion. I encourage everyone to go out and "Like" the NGTO Facebook page so that in the event of a site outage, we can use it to keep everyone up to date on site restoration efforts, event updates, how many cans of SPAM Gatorbyte has ingested that day, etc.
              Clark? Really? on Facebook?
              http://www.facebook.com/fernvalleytrout

Find us or Post Review to Trip Advisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...e_Georgia.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorbyte View Post
                What is Facebook?
                ...Bret,

...I had a parent in my office once explain to me that the reason her daughter was sleeping in class was that "she stays up all night on that MyFace..."

Blessings!

Jimmy

Comment

The outage didn't last long enough to get folks twitching...but the note on the Facebook page was reassuring just the same.

Unless it goes out again.
                  If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

I started getting connection errors yesterday. Thought it was just me cause I was on a wireless connection. just looked at my email and I have 205 vBulltin errors sent to me.

All similar to the one below. I will kick off some index cleaning process via the Admin CP and see if that helps.

Database error in vBulletin 3.7.2:

Invalid SQL:

UPDATE vb3_session
                    SET lastactivity = 1442246789, loggedin = 2, inforum = 0, inthread = 0, incalendar = 0, badlocation = 0, useragent = 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.85 Safari/537.36'
                    WHERE sessionhash = '00ee4f5f496891aad413c3aba19609d8';

MySQL Error : Can't find record in 'vb3_session'
                    Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think a warning at the bottom of my TV is in order.
                      Catch the energy
                      Release the potential

Comment

Working...
                      X