Fall 2015 BOD Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall 2015 BOD Update

On Saturday, October, 10, 2015 the NGTO BOD held the annual Board Meeting and I have several announcements to share.

After over three years I have chosen to step down as president and Scott Brown aka RScott was elected to replace me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as president and will assist RScott and the BOD in transition as I will remain on the BOD for the time being. We all have great confidence in Scott and he is enthusiastic about leading us in the upcoming years.

The BOD has also elected Todd Arnold aka Groundpounder as our newest Board member. Todd is excited to join the BOD and brings with him new ideas and passion for furthering the NGTO mission.

In regards to other offices, Bill Egland aka The EG will continue to hold the position of treasurer and has once again joined the BOD. Mark Keller aka Fishmonger has volunteered to fulfill the office of secretary.

Last but not least, Bill Couch has stepped down from director but will continue to assist us as an advisory member. Please join me in thanking Bill Couch for his service on the Board.

I hope y'all are as eager as I am to experience what NGTO has in store for us in the future.
    Last edited by Gatorbyte; 10-13-15, 04:20 AM.
    sigpic
    ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
    - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

The torch has passed. (Still looking for the paddle though.)

The meeting yesterday was very edifying. RScott will undoubtedly be an excellent president of our organization. His vision for the future of our organization is inspiring. It is also wonderful to welcome Groundpounder (Todd Arnold) to the BOD, as well as seeing Bill (THE EG) being added to the BOD in an official capacity.

Gatorbyte, thank you for your service and devotion to our great organization. We're not a multi-billion dollar corporation (yet), but taking on the role of figurehead and leader of any organization is no walk in the park. Ya done good, brother.

Fishmonger, thank you for stepping the role of secretary. Again, it's more than a title and you're more than suited for it. (Just wish your legs were sexier.)

And Bill Couch, thank you for your service and dedication over the years to NGTO. It is greatly appreciated and you are greatly respected. Your input as a member of the Advisory Board will continue to be welcomed.
    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Thanks for yours and Bills service. I'm sure Scott and Todd will do a fine job. Hat tip to EG for hanging with the money chores and to Mark for picking up the paperwork.

Comment

GB - thank you for your four years at the helm of NGTO. It's been a pleasure working with you and for you. You brought me out of my shell and lurker status. You phone to call me asking me to be a Director was one that I remember for my lifetime. Never realized I had been being assessed or worthy of serving. You dispelled my thoughts in the first minute.

RScott - Congratulations on becoming our new President. It's about fishing and having fun. You too have played a key roll out breaking out of my shell and even took me to the dark side of things - Competition fishing. Somehow I envision it won't take me long to be on your target listing of some harassing. I wouldn't want it any other way.

EG - better you than me - keeping track of the money.

FM - Take great notes.

Todd Arnold - welcome aboard.

Bill - thank you for all of the time and efforts devoted to NGTO.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!

Comment

Thank you Bret and Bill for continuing the great tradition of NGTO. I appreciate all your hard work and your contributions to making NGTO great!
          2flysigpic
          Pat

http://www.freewebs.com/georgiaflyfishingteam/
          http://https://www.facebook.com/2flyGuideService
          http://www.2flyguideservice.com
          You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie.

Comment

how many votes did Rscott's paddle get?

sent from 2 cans and a piece of string
            There are no shortcuts to any place worth going--Beverly Sills

Comment

Originally posted by mwmclaughlin1908 View Post
              how many votes did Rscott's paddle get?

sent from 2 cans and a piece of string
              Actually, RScott's paddle was elected on the first ballot, but was disqualified when it couldn't be found to accept it's new position.
              If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Sincere congrats and thanks to all who volunteer their time. I am so proud to be a RScott fan today.
                http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Yeah congrats to my good buddy Scott! I'll have to buy him a new fishing hat now since his old one is probably too small now!
                  2flysigpic
                  Pat

http://www.freewebs.com/georgiaflyfishingteam/
                  http://https://www.facebook.com/2flyGuideService
                  http://www.2flyguideservice.com
                  You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie.

Comment

It's all good!

I want to thank Bret for his 4 years of service to this community, even if he did steal my paddle (safely back home now). Sincerely - thanks Bret!

NGTO has been a part of my life for 17 years, I can't begin to list all the things I have learned from this board and its members. It is also where I have found my best friends - especially 2fly, who always seems to be able to keep me in check.

I look forward to working with the current BOD and Advisory board to continue to support and promote our mission statement. Thank you......
                    RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

congrats!

Congrats Scott!

I still can't believe ur prez!
                      "I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong."

www.thegeorgiafly.com

Benjamin VanDevender, ACI (Adaptive Fly Fishing Casting Instructor/TAG (Therapeutic Adaptive Guide)

Comment

Congrats Scott on becoming the Exalted Ruler, I know you will do a great job.

Congrats Bret on becoming a Past President, 4 years is a long time to carry that water, you done good

Congrats Todd on joining the BOD. We forgot (whoopsie daisy) to tell you that the newest BOD member has to cleanup after the Fall Fling all by themselves while the rest of us get drunk, then you have to drive us all home

Bill E, thanks for you continued service as the Bookkeeper, and for re-joining the BOD

Bill C, thanks for your service, and congrats on joining the ranks of the Advisors Club

Cheers to all!

FM
                        Last edited by fishmonger; 10-12-15, 03:28 AM. Reason: For Skibum
                        The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

Originally posted by fishmonger View Post
                          Congrats Scott on becoming the Exalted Ruler I know you will do a great job.

Congrats Bret on becoming a Past President, 4 years is a long time to carry that water, you done good

Congrats Todd on joining the BOD. We forgot (whoopsie daisy) to tell you that the newest BOD member has to cleanup after the Fall Fling all by themselves while the rest of us get drunk, then you have to drive us all home

Bill E, thanks for you continued service as the Bookkeeper, and for re-joining the BOD

Bill C, thanks for your service, and congrats on joining the ranks of the Advisors Club

FM

Ditto... Thanks for typing my post for me. But easy on the emogies, too many smiles for a Monday morning.
                          Dennis C...""Giving Stripers everywhere a bad day!!""

Comment

Originally posted by fishmonger View Post

FM
                            Well I always help clean up after all of the flings I've been to. I guess the Designated driver status is a new requirement.

Looking forward to serving on the board! Slowstreamer was the first board member I ever met and he quickly became a friend and fishing buddy! Too bad he's been too busy lately to hit the water much. This is truly a great forum with a wealth of knowledge and friendships!

Comment

Thank you too all who served and congrats on the newbs being selected to lead us on.......will

Comment

Working...
                              X