NGTO Instagram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skibum View Post

But still no Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat for this old fart....
    Yep, what he said......
    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by 1 more cast View Post
      Glad everyone can get a chuckle from my comments, but face it guy's if we want to continue to reach out to new people and expand on the great work ngto does we have to pull in new and younger people. I have a nephew who just got back from Alaska where he worked as a guide. He never post on ngto . He only visits it the buy or sell fly fishing equipment. And the story is true for many of his friends age 20-35. I have followed ngto for 8-9 years. When I first found it I was all over it. Then as time went by I noticed the new people that came to the site and posted only did so a couple of times and then no more. I bump into people from time to time fishing that know of our site but stated that it's always the same guys that comment or post. And when they did they felt like the guys on here just didnt get them. That they were set in there ways and not open to new ideas. I used to just shrug the statement off and move on but know that I look back they may have been on to something.
      Ngto definitely has a wealth of knowledge with its members. Swamp Angel does a fantastic job with the Facebook page! He also started the instagram and twitter accounts. I've been a little more active with Instagram so I've stepped up to the plate to try and expand that avenue for ngto. I appreciate everyone's feedback even if you are an old fart! It may be trial and error for a bit but we will try avenues to see what works and what doesn't.
      Last edited by groundpounder; 11-07-15, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 more cast View Post
        Glad everyone can get a chuckle from my comments, but face it guy's if we want to continue to reach out to new people and expand on the great work ngto does we have to pull in new and younger people. I have a nephew who just got back from Alaska where he worked as a guide. He never post on ngto . He only visits it the buy or sell fly fishing equipment. And the story is true for many of his friends age 20-35. I have followed ngto for 8-9 years. When I first found it I was all over it. Then as time went by I noticed the new people that came to the site and posted only did so a couple of times and then no more. I bump into people from time to time fishing that know of our site but stated that it's always the same guys that comment or post. And when they did they felt like the guys on here just didnt get them. That they were set in there ways and not open to new ideas. I used to just shrug the statement off and move on but know that I look back they may have been on to something.
        Well, you are not being very fair here. As an organization, I would say we have made great strides in trying to bridge old and new social media here on NGTO. As stated, we have a solid FB presence and GP just brought instagram in to the picture. We certainly want and need the next generation of trout fishers to join NGTO and engage with their stories, trip reports, and share their fishing wisdom.

But that does not necessarily mean that all of the older generation folks (like me) are going to embrace using all this new stuff. We definitely come from a different time. Hell, I am still trying to figure out how to use all the buttons on my microwave oven. But I do wonder sometimes, will this "digital generation" ever look back and regret having lived their youth with their faces buried in a 4 inch screen?
        Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
        Simple Goat Herder
        Former NGTO President
        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

I guess I'm from a different world.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJWEvP9gtww[/ame]
          The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

Us youngins will definitely give this page a follow.

Comment

NGTO Instagram

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
              Oh the humanity!

I chucked at this comment too. You want to talk hassle; try having to go to the library and check out (and read) at least 20 books to do a term paper for school. Or in the case of our own Chuck Morris, having to write your term paper on the cave wall using lumps of charcoal from the fire.

Am I the only one having a hard time believing Buck has 1. been to a library (the cart the homeless people push around Woodruff park doesn't count) and B. read 20 books? ( unless board books count)
              “There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.” - Aldo Leopold

Concede parum, nega frequenter, distingue semper - St. Thomas Aquinas

'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Jeremiah 6:16

"Wonder is the desire for knowledge" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by skibum View Post
                But still no Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat for this old fart....

X2. No FaceSpace either. (And I'm only 37)

I've been threatening my wife and daughter that I'm going to open a FB account, but I think they know I'm bluffing...

I definitely agree with the comment about living life via a 4" screen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                  But I do wonder sometimes, will this "digital generation" ever look back and regret having lived their youth with their faces buried in a 4 inch screen?
                  And I remember my grand parents calling the TV the boob tube. So just a different medium for a different generation. Do you think you will regret sitting in front of your 60 inch for hours on end? Just giving a little perspective. But I'm definitely not going to argue that we all spend too much time on these 4" screens.

On a cool note back on topic! We just passed 100 followers in a pretty short time period.

Comment

My wife has a facebook acct... I have no face...

I'm actually worse then just "behind technologically"... I'm resisting that techno crap...

When I finally upgraded my phone it was only because the service went from analog (I think) to digital (I think), My wife explained it like this "the guy banging your signal out with two sticks on a log... retired"

wish I knew where chuck norris's cave was...

Comment

Life was so much better when we had pagers.
                      The Drifter

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram

Comment

I wonder if First Nation elders sat around complaining about the gathering of new ideas and trading with new communities?

We don't need clay pots to cook.

Flint knapping? Why can't we just keep sharpening sticks?
                        “There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.” - Aldo Leopold

Concede parum, nega frequenter, distingue semper - St. Thomas Aquinas

'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Jeremiah 6:16

"Wonder is the desire for knowledge" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                          I wonder if First Nation elders sat around complaining about the gathering of new ideas and trading with new communities?

We don't need clay pots to cook.

Flint knapping? Why can't we just keep sharpening sticks?
                          I don't know. But one thing is for certain; being a smart a$$ will never go out of style.
                          Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                          Simple Goat Herder
                          Former NGTO President
                          Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Ngtoorg instagram has just passed 200 followers! Growing fast! Check it out, you just might see one of your pics there.

Comment

Just passed 300 followers to the @ngtoorg instagram!

Comment

Careful now! No one said it was allowed to catch up with the FB page!

Keep it coming, GP. You're doing it right apparently.
                                If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X