IT person needed for NGTO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT person needed for NGTO

If you have an interest and a background in IT, and would like to help mantain the forum please contact RScott ASAP. This is a voluntary role and no compensation other then the joy you get from helping out.
    “There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.” - Aldo Leopold

Concede parum, nega frequenter, distingue semper - St. Thomas Aquinas

'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Jeremiah 6:16

"Wonder is the desire for knowledge" - St. Thomas Aquinas

It may help if Jason had posted all the fringe and hard benefits of this much needed role....

1. FREE annual membership to the southeast's most beloved and viewed trout fishing website - NGTO

2. FIVE complimentary custom flies stolen each month from either Big T or 2fly

3. SATISFACTION in knowing you are our last line of defense against foreign hackers

4. ONE free six pack of Sweetwater IPA upon successful completion of required training.

5. CARTE BLANCHE permissions to change, alter, delete Gatorbyte's avatar picture at you pleasure and without permission.

If you are semi technical (fully preferred) and have the time please let me know.
    RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Originally posted by RScott View Post
      It may help if Jason had posted all the fringe and hard benefits of this much needed role....

1. FREE annual membership to the southeast's most beloved and viewed trout fishing website - NGTO

2. FIVE complimentary custom flies stolen each month from either Big T or 2fly

3. SATISFACTION in knowing you are our last line of defense against foreign hackers

4. ONE free six pack of Sweetwater IPA upon successful completion of required training.

5. CARTE BLANCHE permissions to change, alter, delete Gatorbyte's avatar picture at you pleasure and without permission.

If you are semi technical (fully preferred) and have the time please let me know.
      Where is my beer and flies?
      “There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.” - Aldo Leopold

'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Jeremiah 6:16

Comment

I don't know how you IT guys can take a bunch of 1's and 0's and make naked women appear on my computer screen, but God bless you!
        Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
        Simple Goat Herder
        Former NGTO President
        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
          I don't know how you IT guys can take a bunch of 1's and 0's and make naked women appear on my computer screen, but God bless you!
          No problem.

We'll send the bill to your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
            Even though this is a NEW compensation package, I will buy you a sixer, but you don't fish so no flies for you, and I think you have exercised #5 to the maximum extent of your enjoyment.
            RScott

Comment

Even though this is a NEW compensation package, I will buy you a sixer, but you don't fish so no flies for you, and I think you have exercised #5 to the maximum extent of your enjoyment.
              I fish plenty. I just don't feel the need to prove it.

Comment

What flies would be included in this deal? Is there a limit to the number of times that you can change gatorbyte's avatar? Do I have to stop ALL attacks or just most of them? Last question, do you have to be a good fisherman or just good at IT?

DD F
                Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

I nominate Nam.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Da's Fishing View Post
                    What flies would be included in this deal? Is there a limit to the number of times that you can change gatorbyte's avatar? Do I have to stop ALL attacks or just most of them? Last question, do you have to be a good fisherman or just good at IT?

DD F
                    Whatever I can grab, unlimited, most of them, just "fair" at IT
                    RScott

Comment

Whatever I can grab, unlimited, most of them, just "fair" at IT
                      I can offer my services BUT you need to put a little effort in the fly grab I don't want a bunch of Y2K or San Juan worms

DD F
                      Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

I got a feeling Jason....

I am guessing they are either at the MNF fly tying event or the thursday night recording of the MNF game you wanted to watch at RScott's place.
                        #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                        -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                        -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                        -PH

Comment

I'd love to do this but I can't even spell I.T....dad gummitt...

Comment

Hey ! I never got any beer or flies either and I tweaked the hell out of the NGTO forums

If it hadn't been for work getting in the way I would still be fishing and conducting ongoing IT activities.

So, when is the Forum upgrade going to happen ? I want the option to "LIKE" Posts.

Yeah, I discovered Facebook.
                            Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SlowStreamer View Post
                              Hey ! I never got any beer or flies either and I tweaked the hell out of the NGTO forums

If it hadn't been for work getting in the way I would still be fishing and conducting ongoing IT activities.

So, when is the Forum upgrade going to happen ? I want the option to "LIKE" Posts.

Yeah, I discovered Facebook.
                              Like button is already on NGTO.

Comment

Working...
                              X