Upgrade Time!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Time!!!

Good day all. We are in the process of upgrading our site to the latest version of vBulletin. The upgrade should not cause much down time, but we've got to update a few background software packages as well so there may be some. If you have issues getting onto the board let us know on the NGTO facebook page.

DD F, your friendly IT guy.
    Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Will it also have a Like button for post?

Comment

Will it have a dislike button?
      Thank you, dear God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. Thank you for the rain. And for the chance to wake up in three hours and go fishing: I thank you for that now, because I won't feel so thankful then. - Garrison Keillor

Team Georgia, Competitive Fly Fishing
      http://flyfishingteamgeorgia.webs.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/Teamgeorgiacff/

Comment

Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
        Simple Goat Herder
        Former NGTO President
        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
          MFGA!

Comment

Good Job Jamie...will

Comment

Yes, we are all very excited about this upgrade! We are in good hands with Jamie driving and we also have the fine folks at Vbulletin helping out. Thus we anticipate that this should all go smoothly. But then again, this is tech crap and sometimes these system upgrades can go bit sideways on you. So we apologize in advance if there are a few kinks to work out after the upgrade goes in but any downtime should be minimal as Jamie stated.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed and think happy tech thoughts!
              Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
              Simple Goat Herder
              Former NGTO President
              Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Originally posted by Da Da's Fishing View Post
                Good day all. We are in the process of upgrading our site to the latest version of vBulletin. The upgrade should not cause much down time, but we've got to update a few background software packages as well so there may be some. If you have issues getting onto the board let us know on the NGTO facebook page.

DD F, your friendly IT guy.
                Jaime,

Last time I had spoken with you and Swampy about this there had been mention of up to 40% of the old data & posts being compromised and lost. Will that be the case with the new updates as well?
                #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                -PH

Comment

Nice, looking forward to it.
                  2flysigpic
                  Pat

http://www.freewebs.com/georgiaflyfishingteam/
                  http://https://www.facebook.com/2flyGuideService
                  http://www.2flyguideservice.com
                  You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie.

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                    Jaime,

Last time I had spoken with you and Swampy about this there had been mention of up to 40% of the old data & posts being compromised and lost. Will that be the case with the new updates as well?
                    Hopefully most of the old data can be retained (so much valuable info/tips etc.)..I know those of us less IT inclined appreciate all the efforts of those that maintain the outstanding NGTO forum..Looking forward to the updates!
                    Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

We all appreciate the efforts put forth by out IT folks. Aaron Sago got NGTO up and running X years ago, and there have been several folks involved in keeping NGTO the best trout board anywhere since. All of these guys, and I won't attempt to call names, have done what they do on a volunteer basis. If during this process of this desperately needed upgrade we do lose data, files, or even somebody, please give our guys time to get everything sorted out.
                      I want to also give a shoutout as well to our BOD, moderators, and all those behind the scenes. THANK YOU!
                      BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                      Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Cool.
                        I am interested to see what it will look like.

@Sighter: what does MFGA mean? Help an old fellar out.

Comment

Just guessing but
                          Make
                          Fishing
                          Great
                          Again

Comes with a red hat I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          "What's his offense?"
                          "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                          ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Upgrade is still in progress. Running into some background software issues. You will probably notice down time in the evenings while we work through this.

DD F
                            Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Da's Fishing View Post
                              Upgrade is still in progress. Running into some background software issues. You will probably notice down time in the evenings while we work through this.

DD F
                              Unacceptable! What are we paying so much money for, uh wait...nevermind.

Thank you JP for finally doing what needed to be done 10 years ago, I will recommend a good Christmas bonus for you this year, at least 50% of your base ..... wait...nevemind
                              RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Working...
                              X