NGTO Message Board

NGTO Message Board (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/index.php)
-   North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Amicalola DH (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115005)

riverdog 01-12-18 09:39 AM

Amicalola DH
 
Fished the DH section by Steele Brige down to power lines in yesterday’s rain. No luck dredging a black wooly bugger with a san juan worn dropper. Bouncing it off the rocks. Water was clear, running a little high, not bad. Better than doing anything else.
Did see an otter, hope it’s not fishing. Dry cool sight.

I_got_skunked 01-12-18 10:14 AM

There's really only been a couple spots working for me there and they've been super picky. Smaller the better.

splatek16 01-12-18 11:05 AM

I've been following these AmiDH posts a bit and am baffled. Compared to last year, where you could virtually toss in an empty hook and be confident of getting a bite, seems like this year the fish are either being way more picky, stocked in lower quantity (which I don't think is the case), or just plain aren't where they "are supposed to be!"

I'd be interested to hear how the AmiDH is fishing relative to the other DH streams, which have had very little reporting...

I_got_skunked 01-12-18 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatek16 (Post 890537)
I've been following these AmiDH posts a bit and am baffled. Compared to last year, where you could virtually toss in an empty hook and be confident of getting a bite, seems like this year the fish are either being way more picky, stocked in lower quantity (which I don't think is the case), or just plain aren't where they "are supposed to be!"

I'd be interested to hear how the AmiDH is fishing relative to the other DH streams, which have had very little reporting...

Based on what I experienced at paces a couple of times early in the year, and the reports I've seen on here, I'd reckon your best bet for DH fish is Smith's.

Maveric 01-20-18 03:17 AM

Splatek - Im wondering the same thing in reference to the stocking... There hasn't been a new stocking report uploaded since 12/22.... Curious if they've stocked amicola or anywhere else in the last 3-4 weeks....

Maybe they've held off b/c of the cold snaps we've had this winter?

Riverdog - That's cool you saw an otter! Months ago in the fall, a buddy and I saw 3 of them together swimming up stream, not too far down from Steele Bridge. Was pretty cool.... But also got me wondering how much "snackin" they are doing. Ha!

Jakkbauer 01-20-18 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maveric (Post 890983)
Splatek - Im wondering the same thing in reference to the stocking... There hasn't been a new stocking report uploaded since 12/22.... Curious if they've stocked amicola or anywhere else in the last 3-4 weeks....

Maybe they've held off b/c of the cold snaps we've had this winter?

Riverdog - That's cool you saw an otter! Months ago in the fall, a buddy and I saw 3 of them together swimming up stream, not too far down from Steele Bridge. Was pretty cool.... But also got me wondering how much "snackin" they are doing. Ha!

Try your luck this weekend my good sir. ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HILLIS LANIER 01-20-18 10:25 AM

Smith was stocked yesterday. I was there when the stocking truck arrived. Bite was slow/non existent for a couple of hours after the stocking, and then it picked up a good bit.

I_got_skunked 01-21-18 06:39 PM

Ahhh the salvation of freshly stocked fish. Caught 20ish in a couple hours. A couple of pretty ones.
https://i.imgur.com/GVYjPVc.jpg

Big Browns 01-21-18 07:25 PM

"THAT'S IT" ..... I'm going fishing! Anyone interested in hitting the AMI tomorrow am?

Maveric 01-22-18 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Browns (Post 891035)
"THAT'S IT" ..... I'm going fishing! Anyone interested in hitting the AMI tomorrow am?

Man, would have loved to join ya, but couldn't do it today.

I'm hoping to head out there later this week though!



Jakk - You saying they fed the otters?? ;) Appreciate the heads up!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright 2010 - North Georgia Trout Online - All Rights Reserved