NGTO Message Board

NGTO Message Board (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/index.php)
-   NGTO President / BOD Announcements (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   A few announcements (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103297)

Gatorbyte 06-25-14 10:48 AM

A few announcements

Recently we have had a few changes to the Board of Directors. Sam Alatar aka Slowstreamer and Chuck Morris have decided to step down from the board of directors after many years of service. They will continue to support NGTO and have moved over to the advisory board. We owe them both a great deal of thanks for all they've done, but don't worry, I assure you they're not going anywhere. With that being said, we have voted to bring Carolyn Emery aka retiredmp on to the BOD. Carolyn has a tremendous resume and begins with her enthusiasm and energy and I have no doubt that she will help NGTO accomplish its mission statement. Carolyn is an avid trout angler and is involved in several organizations including GWFF, project healing waters, FFF and so much more. please join me expressing our gratitude to Sam and chuck and welcoming Carolyn to the BOD.

There is also more great news coming but it's still a secret. Don't bother guessing, because I'm not telling

flyfisher062305 06-25-14 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorbyte (Post 785521)
We owe them both a great deal of thanks for all they've done

Agreed! Thank you both very much and welcome Carolyn!

RScott 06-25-14 01:07 PM

Carolyn is a great addition and hopefully will bring some sanity to an otherwise dysfunctional group. Welcome Carolyn!

retiredmp 06-25-14 01:33 PM

Thank You

Thank you everyone.

2fly 06-25-14 01:38 PM

Thanks to Sam and Chuck, I appreciate your friendship and the hard work you all did for the board. Carolyn, I appreciate your friendship and the efforts you've put into for many causes, you are the right person for the job. Congratulations.

Drifter 06-25-14 01:52 PM

Carolyn ....welcome to the madness. I now have a little help in bringing a bit of class and decorum to this bunch. :)

Buck Henry 06-25-14 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RScott (Post 785537)
hopefully will bring some sanity to an otherwise dysfunctional group.

We prefer to call it "failing with style". :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drifter (Post 785547)
Carolyn ....welcome to the madness. I now have a little help in bringing a bit of class and decorum to this bunch. :)

Decorum we got, class.............not so much! Good luck with this tall order Carolyn!

All funnin' aside; I have heard nothing but good things about this newest addition to NGTO's Board of Directors! Welcome aboard Carolyn. I promise to (try and) keep the cussing to a minimum. :)

PS: does this mean the BOD Executive Bathroom is now co-ed? :confused:

retiredmp 06-25-14 04:40 PM

A big thank you to Chuck & Sam. You both left a tall order and big shoes to fulfill for those who replace you. I am not delusional to even imagine, I could replicate you. I don't hold the credentials you both do. Please know I will be reaching out to you WHEN I have questions.

I am happy that my fly fishing circle of friends just keeps on expanding. Being retired, I can drop just about anything and go fishing.

Swamp Angel 06-25-14 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck Henry (Post 785549)

PS: does this mean the BOD Executive Bathroom is now co-ed? :confused:

Bathroom? Bathroom?!!! There's a bathroom??!!!

Y'all have been sending me out to the weeds for 9 months now and I still have a poison ivy rash! I'm about to file a grievance!

Sam, Chuck, thank you for years of the selfless service you have given to make this group what it is. The wisdom and experience you have afforded us will (hopefully) not be lost. (But then again, how much wisdom can possibly exist among a group that would entrust a Cajun-wannabe with any part of a role that requires maturity and responsibility?)

Carolyn, welcome to the loony bin! The chief crazy one seems to be running this asylum rather respectably right now and seems to have made a rather fine (and popular) decision to ask you to join this group. What Bret failed to mention was that the newest member of the BOD has to come up with the next super-secret handshake that we use to start all the official meetings. (They told me when it was my turn that it had to include passing cash to the senior members of the board.:rolleyes:)

In all honesty, it has been an honor and a privilege to have shared a few months time on the BOD with such respectable folks as Chuck and Sam, and it is an equal honor to sit on the BOD with one so finely qualified and representative of the NGTO mission statement as Carolyn. The coming year shows great promise!

SlowStreamer 06-25-14 06:17 PM

Carolyn,

I do not think we have met, and that is my lose. Hope to rectify that soon.

I would not have stepped down if it had not been due to my work schedule. However, as Bret said, I'm not going anywhere, just opening the door to an infusion of some new blood to NGTO.

From everything I have heard, Welcome and we look forward to having you on the BOD.