NGTO Message Board

NGTO Message Board (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oyster Fine Bamboo Fly Rods (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Buy an Oyster Bamboo from Buck! (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104393)

Buck Henry 09-24-14 06:54 PM

Buy an Oyster Bamboo from Buck!

Hey all

I will be filling in from time to time at Bill Oyster's bamboo rod shop and will be working this Saturday. So come on up and let me sell you a genuine Oyster bamboo fly rod or sign you up for one of his rod making classes. Seriously man, I need this job! :)

If you are up in Blue Ridge this coming Saturday, come on in to the shop and say howdy! :cheers:

scallen2112 09-24-14 08:16 PM

You freaked me out, Buck! My first thought was, "Why on earth would he ever sell his Oyster?????:yikes:

FlickNdip 09-24-14 08:28 PM

Are you going to be up there working during the week? I will be up that way Monday through Thursday.

Buck Henry 09-24-14 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scallen2112 (Post 795638)
You freaked me out, Buck! My first thought was, "Why on earth would he ever sell his Oyster?????:yikes:

Nope, not selling my Oyster! BTW, it is the only bamboo rod I own that my wife actually knows how much it costs as she paid for it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlickNdip (Post 795641)
Are you going to be up there working during the week? I will be up that way Monday through Thursday.

Nope, will just be filling in on the weekends on occasion when they need help. But be sure to stop by while you are there and say hey to Bill, Shannen, and Riley, they would love to see you!

Remoh 09-24-14 09:53 PM

Funny you say that Buck. Now I know where you are going to be and I'll come over there and try to beat you up.

I used to pick up the$20 rods and reels at Walmart when my former wife was around and ooo and awe at them. I had a crazy fund and could bring home Abel, Sage, Tibor and Loomis Stuff. She never knew. She thought every fishing rod cost $20

zug buggin 09-25-14 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remoh (Post 795657)
Funny you say that Buck. Now I know where you are going to be and I'll come over there and try to beat you up.

I used to pick up the$20 rods and reels at Walmart when my former wife was around and ooo and awe at them. I had a crazy fund and could bring home Abel, Sage, Tibor and Loomis Stuff. She never knew. She thought every fishing rod cost $20

Dang good idea

two feathers 09-26-14 10:58 AM

Mr. Remoh, now don't you feel ashamed having been so deceitful?:huh::rotfl::rotfl:

flyfisher062305 09-26-14 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remoh (Post 795657)

my new hero!

Remoh 09-26-14 01:18 PM

If you have a crazy fund go visit Buck in Blue Ridge. Tell your significant other you couldn't afford a glass rod and you had to settle for a Boo Rod. I'm sure Buck can write you a receipt for $20

Buck Henry 10-24-14 10:51 PM

Hey gang,

I will be working at Bill's rod shop again tomorrow. Come on in and say hello if you are in Blue Ridge! We got some nice new Oyster Bamboo t-shirts that are all the rage in Paris right now. :)

Buck