NGTO Message Board

NGTO Message Board (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/index.php)
-   Watercraft (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Sea Eagle one man boat (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114036)

Crawfish 08-11-17 07:08 PM

Sea Eagle one man boat

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone used one of these? Actually looks pretty good, and its light. Base model on sale for about 400 bucks.
A Sea Eagle Packfish7.

Bfish 08-11-17 07:38 PM

It's a rip of Watermaster Grizzly/Kodiak. (AIRE/Outcast also had a more kayak shaped version)

I never understood the appeal. If you stand up in even slight current, the boat is pushing up against you. In the winter and shoulder seasons, you are wet from the waist down. You sit too low to paddle/oar effectively too.

They are more secure than a float tube (also a wet ride), but I would rather be in a float tube OR in a boat with a floor.

Also if Sea Eagle material is unsupported (i.e. no interior fabric backing usually measured in breaking strength (denier)) then I don't think it would be suitable for anything but pond use.

Crawfish 08-11-17 09:54 PM

For a little more money, you get a wood floor. Not sure about the fabric. I had never heard of the Grizzly. Mighty nice, but 4x the price.
I am just exploring the options for something I can toss in the car and go. I cartop my kayak, and it is a bit of a production to get on the water. So I have been looking at Float tubes etc., anything inflatable.
I appreciate the info and opinions. While I am very experienced as a canoe/kayak guy, I know very little about inflatable boats.

I just want to be able to be out the door faster.

troutbum69 08-11-17 10:00 PM

For 400 dollars you can buy a kayak or canoe. Much more versatile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutbum69 08-11-17 10:03 PM

Sorry just read the thread. Won't the inflatable require inflating before taking to the river? Along with fins and waders? You may look into a solo canoe. Half the weight of a kayak and you just throw everything in it and take off

Crawfish 08-11-17 10:12 PM

This is true, but I don't have the space for storage for another kayak. If I did, I would already have another one for the rivers.
I need one of those Acme Garage Extenders!

I have been looking for a Pack canoe for a long time. I want something LIGHT. Too many of the small kayaks are too heavy. And, there is a lot of junk out there masquerading as a kayak.

troutbum69 08-11-17 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawfish (Post 882809)
This is true, but I don't have the space for storage for another kayak. If I did, I would already have another one for the rivers.
I need one of those Acme Garage Extenders!

I have been looking for a Pack canoe for a long time. I want something LIGHT. Too many of the small kayaks are too heavy. And, there is a lot of junk out there masquerading as a kayak.

Ah I figured that's where this was headed. Good luck on your decision. I've been resting my canoe on my drift boat trailer but my boat is coming home soon. You just reminded me I have no where to put my canoe haha

Crawfish 08-11-17 10:24 PM

I have been roaming around my garage with my tape measure for some time now. It always ends up the same.

If I can figure out a way to hang another boat in there, I would be set. Or not.

That's why I was thinking something inflatable might work out nice, but I have never had a "pump me up" boat.

Prowler 09-01-17 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawfish (Post 882812)
I have been roaming around my garage with my tape measure for some time now. It always ends up the same.

If I can figure out a way to hang another boat in there, I would be set. Or not.

That's why I was thinking something inflatable might work out nice, but I have never had a "pump me up" boat.

I have a top of the line inflatable pontoon with built in lean bar, retractable standing platform and motor mount listed in swap shop that I am looking at trading for a kayak of equal value. Not sure if that would interest you.

Crawfish 09-01-17 08:31 PM

That is a great looking rig. However, it is a little more than I am looking for.