NGTO Message Board

NGTO Message Board (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chattahoochee River (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Dam First Time (http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114920)

gsuman84 12-28-17 11:05 AM

Dam First Time
 
I usually stick close to home around Paces or IF.

I am planning to venture up to the Dam for the first time this afternoon. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go and what is working best right now?

Da Da's Fishing 12-28-17 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsuman84 (Post 889847)
I usually stick close to home around Paces or IF.

I am planning to venture up to the Dam for the first time this afternoon. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go and what is working best right now?

Look for a big Sasquatch looking guy and follow him around. Seriously, midges are always a hit at the dam. Smaller is better. Drift it behind your favorite nymph or bugger, switch out colors/sizes as needed.

Be sure to pack a PFD as it is require up there. Also pack a walking stick. Right after turnover, the rocks are pretty clean, but they will soon begin to be covered up with green snot.

DD F

gsuman84 12-28-17 01:25 PM

Thanks so much for the info! With work and the kids I am only able to get on the water a few times a year, so I want to maximize what little time I have.

daviddrummond79 12-28-17 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Da's Fishing (Post 889849)
Look for a big Sasquatch looking guy and follow him around. Seriously, midges are always a hit at the dam. Smaller is better. Drift it behind your favorite nymph or bugger, switch out colors/sizes as needed.

Be sure to pack a PFD as it is require up there. Also pack a walking stick. Right after turnover, the rocks are pretty clean, but they will soon begin to be covered up with green snot.

DD F

I don't recommend following that squatchy dude... it will just make you angry and all the fish around him will have sore mouths which makes them unwilling to eat.

Big T 12-28-17 05:37 PM

Squatch stay home today.

splatek16 12-28-17 08:28 PM

Speaking of squatch, you seen the Netflix "science" thing an not squatch. Compelling, but not conclusive.
Fun to watch that's for sure


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

splatek16 12-28-17 08:29 PM

@gsuman84 how'd you do...?
Seemed windy today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsuman84 01-03-18 12:20 PM

Unfortunately we didn't make it up there this trip due to time constraints. We went out to IF and made our way to the other side of the island from the visitors center. I threw a black wooly bugger followed by a purple assassin for awhile with no luck.

The wind definitely made the casting a little more challenging.

A bad day on the water sure did beat a great day in the office.

splatek16 01-03-18 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsuman84 (Post 890108)



A bad day on the water sure did beat a great day in the office.



#Truth


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright 2010 - North Georgia Trout Online - All Rights Reserved