View Single Post
Old 01-12-18, 09:12 AM   #6
splatek16

I second all of what @Bozosnightmare said...

Totally rad event! The people are great liars, I mean people... who know a lot about fishing, particularly in those watersheds up in the N. East of the state. The food was incredible; the raffles.... oh the raffles! There were so many items in hindsight I felt like I should've bid on, including a few guided trips and tying materials. My GF still makes fun of me... "How much did those feathers cost?" "Could've gotten about 100 times more for less at the RR!" UGH, I hate it when she's correct.

I sorta lost track of time this year, but my GF was like, "When's the Rendezvous?" Guys, she doesn't fish and still had fun hanging out listening to a bunch of really young anglers (haha) talk about their stories and conservation.

Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to make it back this year because of the Gold Cup, but I am certainly going to try.

If you haven't been, go. Even if you don't make a weekend out of it (Which I would highly recommend because there are a ton of great streams around there and if the weather keeps on keeping on, they'll be hungry after the freeze), go for the day/evening; Eat well. Meet, talk, pick the brains of some of the anglers that have been fishing these waters for a long time and are way more willing to share a little inside knowledge in person than in email, phone, or on some old message board (LOL). You'll be surprised at how many people you will "know" once they reveal their NGTO call name.

Great event! Get there! Food, fishing, raffles, and conservation! Isn't that what we are all about?!
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote