NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Gear Talk > Watercraft
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-17, 08:08 PM   #1
Crawfish
Native

Default Sea Eagle one man boat

Anyone used one of these? Actually looks pretty good, and its light. Base model on sale for about 400 bucks.
A Sea Eagle Packfish7.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0659.jpg (40.9 KB, 75 views)
Old 08-11-17, 08:38 PM   #2
Bfish
Native

It's a rip of Watermaster Grizzly/Kodiak. (AIRE/Outcast also had a more kayak shaped version)

I never understood the appeal. If you stand up in even slight current, the boat is pushing up against you. In the winter and shoulder seasons, you are wet from the waist down. You sit too low to paddle/oar effectively too.

They are more secure than a float tube (also a wet ride), but I would rather be in a float tube OR in a boat with a floor.

Also if Sea Eagle material is unsupported (i.e. no interior fabric backing usually measured in breaking strength (denier)) then I don't think it would be suitable for anything but pond use.
Bfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-17, 10:54 PM   #3
Crawfish
Native

For a little more money, you get a wood floor. Not sure about the fabric. I had never heard of the Grizzly. Mighty nice, but 4x the price.
I am just exploring the options for something I can toss in the car and go. I cartop my kayak, and it is a bit of a production to get on the water. So I have been looking at Float tubes etc., anything inflatable.
I appreciate the info and opinions. While I am very experienced as a canoe/kayak guy, I know very little about inflatable boats.

I just want to be able to be out the door faster.
Old 08-11-17, 11:00 PM   #4
troutbum69
Native

For 400 dollars you can buy a kayak or canoe. Much more versatile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-17, 11:12 PM   #5
Crawfish
Native

This is true, but I don't have the space for storage for another kayak. If I did, I would already have another one for the rivers.
I need one of those Acme Garage Extenders!

I have been looking for a Pack canoe for a long time. I want something LIGHT. Too many of the small kayaks are too heavy. And, there is a lot of junk out there masquerading as a kayak.
Old 08-11-17, 11:03 PM   #6
troutbum69
Native

Sorry just read the thread. Won't the inflatable require inflating before taking to the river? Along with fins and waders? You may look into a solo canoe. Half the weight of a kayak and you just throw everything in it and take off

"Stop Whining"
Old 08-11-17, 11:18 PM   #7
troutbum69
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
This is true, but I don't have the space for storage for another kayak. If I did, I would already have another one for the rivers.
I need one of those Acme Garage Extenders!

I have been looking for a Pack canoe for a long time. I want something LIGHT. Too many of the small kayaks are too heavy. And, there is a lot of junk out there masquerading as a kayak.

Ah I figured that's where this was headed. Good luck on your decision. I've been resting my canoe on my drift boat trailer but my boat is coming home soon. You just reminded me I have no where to put my canoe haha

"Stop Whining"
Old 08-11-17, 11:24 PM   #8
Crawfish
Native

I have been roaming around my garage with my tape measure for some time now. It always ends up the same.

If I can figure out a way to hang another boat in there, I would be set. Or not.

That's why I was thinking something inflatable might work out nice, but I have never had a "pump me up" boat.
Old 09-01-17, 10:09 AM   #9
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
I have been roaming around my garage with my tape measure for some time now. It always ends up the same.

If I can figure out a way to hang another boat in there, I would be set. Or not.

That's why I was thinking something inflatable might work out nice, but I have never had a "pump me up" boat.
I have a top of the line inflatable pontoon with built in lean bar, retractable standing platform and motor mount listed in swap shop that I am looking at trading for a kayak of equal value. Not sure if that would interest you.

Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-17, 09:31 PM   #10
Crawfish
Native

That is a great looking rig. However, it is a little more than I am looking for.