|01-30-08, 07:37 PM||#1|
Hall of Fame Member
starling n' olive
ive been playing around with the starling. man is it one sweet soft hackle material here's just a basic little pattern that i feel should be productive
hook: mustad size 18
thread: olive dun 8/0
thorax: golden ice dubbing for a little flash
hackle: starling (yum yum )
1. starth thread about mid shank
2. wrap thread up and down shank to around bend (or your personal preference)
3. goa about 1/4 behind hook eye and dub a small thorax.
4. tie in starling hackle by bottom and take 1-2 wraps
5. build up a head. whip finish and head cement
quick easy tie which i think should be a good pattern
RScott- Enjoy your misspent youth, you will be wearing a tie to work before long.