NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Salt Water Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-10, 08:58 PM   #1
DavidEdens
NGTO Sponsor

Default Tailing Tides, 2010

Fishing for tailing redfish in the grass is the most fun anyone can have on the salt water. I have seen very experienced fishermen get a very bad case of buck fever at the sight of a ten pound red tailing in the grass. The casts are short, but have to be accurate. There is also good opportunity for the wading angler to connect during these tides.

I have put what should be good tailing tides on my website under the Tips and Techniques page. These are only tide predictions, and they can be off. Wind and weather also affect the tides, so there is no guarantee your favorite grass flat will flood. It's fising, not catching.

If you are planning a vacation to the Golden Isles this summer, you should see if you can work it around these tides and have some fun.

If you look at Tips and Techniques, feel free to e-mail me with your Tip. If I post it, I will certainly attribute it to you. I hope this section can become a good compendium of salt water fly fishing tips.

Capt. Dave
www.flycastcharters.com
"Hunting Fish in the Marshes of Glynn"
www.flycastcharters.com
FFF Certified Casting Instructor
Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide
DavidEdens is offline   Reply With Quote