NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-10, 12:26 PM   #1
Beebs
Native

Default Found a flyrod on Chattooga 3/19

I found a rod stuck in a deep pool yesterday in the lower section of the delayed harvest. If anyone lost a rod recently, send me an email at donaldb@clemson.edu with a description of what you lost, and I'll get it back to you.

Anyways, I guess a report is in order as well. There was a good amount of dry fly action. In fact, as I have done starting last week, I fished only dry flies and did well. I was mainly fishing BWOs, but later switched to a small adams. I was catching fish in the riffles, but did managed to find some stationary risers in some slower moving water later on. I spotted what I think were BWOs, march browns, little black stoneflies, and a few dark caddis. Later in the evening, there were tons of little tiny nat looking things hovering below some of the riffles (looked like it was snowing dandruff), and there were trout skying on something, but I just couldn't figure out what it was. Whatever they were eating was invisible to me.
Beebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 02:38 PM   #2
Musselwhite
Native

Default ...

Beebs,

Hey man, we met in the parking lot last night. I appreciate you seeking out the rightful owner. I did actually lose the tip to my fly rod on the way out yesterday. Should anyone happen to find a tip section (broken or not) please let me know.

Musselwhite
Musselwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 09:05 PM   #3
big worm
Native

I remember reading a thread on SEFF about someone losing a rod. Let me see if Ican find it, and I'll let you know.
big worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 09:12 PM   #4
big worm
Native

I sent him a PM leading him towards this thread, and added your email. Let us know how it works out!
Old 03-20-10, 09:12 PM   #5
slickrocktom
Native

If the world had more people like beebs, it would be wonderful
slickrocktom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 09:17 PM   #6
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrocktom View Post
If the world had more people like beebs, it would be wonderful
Nice job Beebs and Big Worm, maybe we scored a hit here! BTW, we have a rich tradition here at NGTO of our members helping lost rods find their rightful owners. Please do keep us posted.

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 12:21 AM   #7
big worm
Native

The thread on SEFFF is by someone named rustymax. I sent a PM, but I thought I would let you know who it was so that you could continue to try and make contact. I sent a PM, but have no response yet.
Old 03-23-10, 10:49 AM   #8
Beebs
Native

Thanks Big Worm. I was contacted by Rustymax, but unfortunately I don't have his rod.

I don't want to get too specific, but it looks like this may belong to a beginner or a hiker.
Old 03-23-10, 01:45 PM   #9
Beebs
Native

Here is the link to the story from Rustymax. It turns out here was able to find his rod.

For those interested http://www.southeastflyfishingforum....ry-t35253.html
Old 03-24-10, 02:10 PM   #10
nickinga
Native

No horse in this race but a very nice story on that forum. Good on you Beebs for posting the found rod

If you gurus aren't careful, you'll have me believing fly fishing guys are much nicer than the tournament bass fishermen crowd I'm used to
nickinga is offline   Reply With Quote